April 1/2023 FVF Fee Increase Of 0.35% Has Already Started

Am I missing something here? Did I miss a revised memo to the last seller update regarding the April 1st fee increase?

Just asking because while preparing for the upcomming fee revision I noticed that it already has taken place and I have been charged 12.35% FVF for all of my sales since March 13th.  Fortunately I have sales everyday, so I was able to pin it down to the exact date.

Was I the only one caught off guard?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The increase on .com started on Feb 15th.

For the first time ever the notice period was only two weeks instead of the normal 60 days. Plenty of outrage at the time.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The rates go up April 1 as far as I know.   I just checked a sales from yesterday and I was charged 8.8% for coins which is still the old rate.   The store seller fees in the help pages don't show an increase either.  Could it be that it was a US sale and you were charged .4% international fees?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I had a few sales yesterday and today and just double checked, no increase for me. But thanks for the reminder, April 1st is only a week away!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Upon closer inspection, the new rate is applicable only to my US sales. I sell on both eBay sites and the Canadian sales are still at 12%.  US sales are at 12.35% and it has nothing to do with the international fee.

Here's a screen capture showing their breakdown on one of my US sales...

ebay fee example.png

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

The increase on .com started on Feb 15th.

For the first time ever the notice period was only two weeks instead of the normal 60 days. Plenty of outrage at the time.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I'm only on .ca so that explains it, thanks!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks for the explanation.

Here I thought I was being proactive and diligent wrt selling fees, but nope, somehow I missed the memo several weeks ago...

Message 7 of 7
latest reply