Billing Agent Authorization process ricarmic experiences....

Since I was somewhat hijacking another thread, I've decided to open a new discussion here.

Here's the link to the other thread.

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/eBay-will-start-collecting-taxes-on-our-behalf-effective... 

Momentarily I'll update what I've done so far....

Message 1 of 31
latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: Billing Agent Authorization process ricarmic experiences....

Update! I have received the countersigned Billing Agent Authorization document back moments ago via email!

It included a notation that there are no further steps for me to complete!

So I  suspect others will get theirs soon! (Remember I sent mine in on June 2).

Message 21 of 31
latest reply

The email I received did mention that if I had questions or required more information to let them know so this is what I sent:

"I do have an extra question, I’ve noticed on the actual documents that the buyers see since July 1 that there is not a GST/HST Business number on the receipt. My understanding was that there is supposed to be a GST/HST number on the receipts. I am not sure whether it is supposed to be eBays business number or mine, I’m assuming eBays. If it is mine, I do not know how to have my business number show up on the information that the buyers see. I would appreciate any help or direction you can provide regarding this and I hope you have a great day!!!"

I'll advise when I hear something back.

Message 22 of 31
latest reply

WOW that was a fast response!! 

Here is what I got as an answer to my email:

Hello,

Thank you for your email. I appreciate you raising this question. We will look into this on our end – the number shown on the receipt should be eBay’s GST/HST/PST/QST number. If you receive any requests for this information, you can direct them to this inbox.

All the Best,

Message 23 of 31
latest reply

I sent my form June 4th and I have no email from them so who knows lol!

Message 24 of 31
latest reply

@regs43  it is very ironic given I got the form from you!!! 

Message 25 of 31
latest reply

I got my email back from today with the signed form on their end. I sent June 4th. It went to my junk email so some people should check junk email!

Message 26 of 31
latest reply

Just read your post ricarmic....I checked my junk mail and there was my form.  Thanks for the heads up!

Message 27 of 31
latest reply

Sorry -- I should have read a little closer....the post from regs43  said to check my junk email.  Thanks!

Message 28 of 31
latest reply

I just got my countersigned one back as well (it didn't go to junk mail though). Sent it in on June 8th I think.

Message 29 of 31
latest reply

I submitted my form June 15th, received the countersigned copy today.

As far as the GST/PST/QST numbers, they display the eBay accounts numbers on the Tax Invoice available to buyers.

Here's the Order Details page:

recped_1-1658293509944.png

Here is the Tax Invoice:

recped_2-1658293648205.png

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 30 of 31
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

velvet@ebay wrote:

@silverdreamfilm wrote:

velvet@ebay    Thanks for the message. What I was asking is there a physical mailing address (not email address) I can send the forms too?

Thanks. 

Sorry @silverdreamfilm, but we'll need them emailed to us.

Hello velvet@ebay 

Not sure if this has been asked and answered but IF there is an issue with the form or delay will that hold up payouts to sellers?  Everyone may not have their ducks in a row when they go to fill/send that form. The other question that has not be answered is will there be a formal message advising a seller that form has been received and all is correct? This is standard procedure with anything of this nature.

Lastly is there works on a official FAQ for dot ca with questions and pertinent answers on the subject? This would be most helpful vs trying to gleam the info reviewing the multitude of posts on the issue. 

-Lotz

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies! The tax team said:

Billing Agent Authorization does not hold up payouts to sellers.

Message 31 of 31
latest reply