Can I sell a list of parts I'm trying to dispose of on ebay?

I have a large motorcycle parts cash of about 3000 items and was wondering if I can sell a spreadsheet of all the parts I'm disposing of? Just want to know if it violates any rules? Thanks in advance...

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

marnotom!
Community Member

If you're not going to be selling the actual items on eBay, I'd say it's a no-no.

I think the "Catalogues Policy" would apply to your situation:

https://www.ebay.ca/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/catalogues-policy?id=4298

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

The idea is that you are selling a catalogue of parts that you have for sale off eBay?

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

That's the idea. Intended to sell a spreadsheet or pdf file and let people make offers on my items. Just to many items to list 1 at a time for me.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

marnotom!
Community Member

If you're not going to be selling the actual items on eBay, I'd say it's a no-no.

I think the "Catalogues Policy" would apply to your situation:

https://www.ebay.ca/help/policies/prohibited-restricted-items/catalogues-policy?id=4298

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Defintately a no go.   I bought an inventory of 2500 turntable styluses, it would be the same as if I "sold" a list of them on Ebay.   As noted, Ebay is for the sale of the actual goods, not to market for off site sales.   

I had a large inventory of turntable and audio parts and have sold most off by listing the highest value, and super easy to ship, and bundling up the left overs into parts lots.   

You would be better off finding some active motorcycle forums with buy/sell sections and putting up a listing for your spreadsheet.   One nice thing is that it is a big field.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Thanks.... I got the same answer when I read the catalog policy section.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Actually great to see you dropped in and asked about it. Some folks do it, get busted then post a rant..!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply