Canada Post is Exceptionally Speedy this past year

Time and time again during the past year, I have been so impressed by the speed with which Canada Post has been delivering expedited parcels in Canada.  Sure, there is the odd hiccup here and there, but their delivery times are shorter than they've ever been .... at least from what I've experienced ... even to smaller communities.

Parcels from Winnipeg to Vancouver used to take 4 to 5 business days, which was fine with both myself and the buyer, and about the same to Toronto, a day or two longer to the East Coast.  But I've noticed that parcels are arriving in Vancouver and Greater Ontario in about 3 business days.  I expected a delay because of the long weekend but, once again, I am impressed.

I put parcels in the mail to Vancouver and Toronto on Friday afternoon for pick-up at 5:00.  I had advised the buyers that because of the long weekend, they should expect delivery on Wednesday, perhaps Thursday.  I didn't expect them to move so quickly Saturday and today.  But I just checked, and both parcels have already reached both of those cities and will be delivered on Tuesday.  These aren't isolated incidents.  I'm getting more and more Canadian buyers the past few months .... they are not only buying from my listings on .ca but also .com, where the exchange is not as frightful as it once was.  I'm always happy to see a Canadian buyer, particularly because I don't have to worry about shipping delays.  They have always been my best customers.

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I totally agree..... Shipping within Canada has gone flawlessly.

I've also been very impressed with Tracked Packet-USA. Consistently fast all year! 

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

Ditto. Super fast, faster than promised half the time and right on-time the other 49 per cent with maybe one per cent late (or less) for delivery within Canada. This has been my consistent experience throughout 2017.

And thank you for posting this. It seems like all we hear about Canada Post on these boards is how 'they must deliver by donkey and cart they're so slow' when factors like remote locations are not taken into consideration.

And the speed by which Tracked Packet items clear their Canadian leg is astounding.

Canada Post has been doing a stand-up job with my packages, domestic lettermail included. I've had nothing go missing within Canada in four years.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

..... Although, there was a Stat Holiday for federal government-types and their associates this Monday that threw all my delivery estimates because I had forgotten about that......

Message 4 of 4
latest reply