China and Hong Kong Based Sellers Claiming to Ship from Canada

Hi all,

I have been selling on eBay Canada for about 2 years now, and this is the first time I have really noticed this issue. Sellers from China and Hong Kong are putting Ontario or Toronto as the item location, but are actually shipping from overseas. The problem is they are charging prices that people over here charge, while only paying a fraction of the shipping costs. They are stealing business from many sellers over here and are internationally misleading customers, since many only want to buy domestically. I have tried reporting the listings for location misrepresentation, but they still appear to be live.

If anyone has a potential solution to this project problem, please let me know.
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

Re: China and Hong Kong Based Sellers Claiming to Ship from Canada

@lotzofuniquegoodies 

and are able to take really quality photos it never hurts to take them.

And this is where we differ.

The customer needs a good photo of the product and the catalogue photos are good for that.

But in my opinion* the "real" photo probably should NOT be particularly professional.

A photo on the rail of the back porch, a photo of a stack of boxed products in a garage, a photo of an unboxed item (or even a boxed one) in the seller's hands.  This is not meant to be pretty, it's meant to confirm that the seller actually will be shipping from his own location.

@supersavingsstore 

I've been selling mail order since the 70s, and 18 days for delivery within Canada is normal. Usually faster, but 20 days is no big deal.

This of course drives our American friends nuts.

*I buy my opinions wholesale from a dealer in Uzbekistan.

Message 21 of 25
latest reply

I just complained to eBay about this, but my reply came back in Chinese since that is where the seller ID is.
Message 22 of 25
latest reply

I just incounterd this myself and am **bleep**. Seller gamma88 says item is in vancouver so i pay a premium plus pst plus gst only to find it's taking weeks to get from Vancouver to Vancouver island. When i inquire i get nothing but noise in Chinglish. 

Am i justified to give negative review? 

Kevin

Message 23 of 25
latest reply

I would wait until it gets to you.  The package should have an indication of the source unless it is being totally repackaged in Canada.  If they are claiming a Canada location and shipping from overseas will they be able to meet the shipping standard?    If it has been weeks, I am assuming it is outside the eBay delivery standard for the purchase and you can file an Item Not Received claim. 

Message 24 of 25
latest reply

Zombie Thread from 2019!

But we all know the problem is still there anyway, so complaining here (or closing down this thread) won't remedy anything...

Message 25 of 25
latest reply