Do you use subtitles on your listings?

have you seen any benefits from them in terms of views, rankings and above all sales?
Do you use them for everything or just your most expensive stuff?

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

At one time sub-titles were not Searchable.

They may have been useful once the customer had a list of similar products to compare but since all the information in Description are Searchable, I don't see the value.

EBay Canada's French site has FREE sub-titles.

And, if you don't mind grumpy messages from annoyed francohphones, you can list on that site in English.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

Subtitles on .ca and .com are expensive.  I personally don’t see any value in using them.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

I have used subtitles very sparingly. They are costly. Also, if you choose a subtitle feature upgrade, be sure to pair it with Immediate Payme t Required or your listing may end without actual payment and you don’t get those upgrades fees refunded as you do Final Value Fees if the case goes to Unpaid Item reminder.
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

In the five years prior to my eBay retirement, I used subtitles in every listing (thousands of them).

When listing on eBay.cafr subtitles are both free and searchable. My listings were prepared in English only.

Different sellers may use subtitles for different purposes.  For me, I basically used two messages:  "free shipping" and "no GST/HST added" (all my listings offered free shipping and I absorbed the GST/HST in all instances for sales to Canadians)

Most subtitles included my name and/or my trademark "the name you can trust". Name recognition is an important aspect of long term marketing.

At no time did I ever experience "...grumpy messages from annoyed francophones."

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

No catalog on .fr which makes it pretty much useless with the way ebay is gong. No idea what effect listing there would have on the new search experience. Dont think have the subtitle searchable is much use now either

Only ones you see using subtitle are listing with large quantity. If your listing is going to gross 10s or 100s of $thousands might as well sprin gfor the extras in case it does make a difference. Otherwise not worth it,
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

@tobyshitzuwrote:
No catalog on .fr which makes it pretty much useless with the way ebay is gong....

I know it was an innocent typo but I cannot help but snicker a bit at the slip. Gong show, indeed!

Message 7 of 7
latest reply