Draft Message - Looks like something's wrong. Please try again.

I'm trying to complete some items in my draft and am getting the message above on most of them.  Any idea what the "something" might be?

Thanks!

You only fail when you don't try!
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

I encounter this all the time, especially so on drafts that are over 2 weeks old.

I have found that drafts do not save for the 30 days and pictures in those draft listings rarely save beyond 2 weeks.

This is a huge problem with eBay's draft mode.

Sometimes "Create a copy" will still work to salvage as much of the draft as possible.

However, if neither "Complete draft" or "Create a copy" works, then that draft is lost and might just as well be deleted because there is no other recourse except to start over.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

These drafts takes time to prepare it would be nice to have some indication as to when they should be listed before they are lost.   I also tried the "Create a copy"  option but get the same message.

I find eBay a little backwards with simply things like this.  Now I have to redo them - urrrrrrggggg :(.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

eBay claims drafts are good for 30 days but as noted in my earlier response, I have found that is not accurate at all.

The only way I have found to save drafts in their entirety for longer durations is to edit them on a weekly basis... which is time consuming and a great time-waster. Other selling venues I sell on,  I am able to create listings and hold them in an "inactive" mode for indefinite period of time. eBay can be so frustrating with its inability to save drafts for any great length of time and/or any unsold/ended listings beyond 90 days!

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

You are correct... because I'm pretty sure I did not have them in drafts for 30 days.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

This has nothing to do with aging.  Yesterday I created 3 ad drafts. I tried to make a copy of 8 of one and got the error, I tried one copy of one and got the same error.  I tried one of each of them and... errored again.

One I need 4 copies of , One I need 8 copies of and the last I actually have 787 that just need a slight change to the title, use of 7 subcategories, change of photo and three words in the description. This is an unusual situation for me and their spreadsheet upload option is no good for someone like me that only needs to do this once every blue moon.

This is just another broken feature.  Times like this I actually miss Turbo Lister II.

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

You are right.  It's not working for me either 😞

Message 7 of 7
latest reply