Explain to me like I'm 5 years old. Why listing not showing

So I listed some parts to vintage toys as auction. Not showing up when a search is done. If I can't see then as a seller jut how the .... are buyers supposed to find them.  EBay do some 'splain. 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

marnotom!
Community Member

The latest listings I see for you were posted the evening of July 17th.  Have you listed anything since then?

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Yes, did a couple on the 17th  and if you look via my username they can be found no problem. The issue occurs if  item searched via the generic ebay search engine using item name or descriptive term for the item,  listing does not show in search results.  If item don't show, buyers can't buy.  Goes a long way to explaining why sales have/are tanking.  

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I searched - mattel bob clampett - (listed on the 17th)

Your listing was #2 in Best Match

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I did a search for "olympic trust token" (looking for the hockey one) and yours showed up on the first page.

You didn't ask for it but I would suggest it will help to put the most searched key words in the first 5 words, that will also help increase your likelihood of showing up sooner in more searches. I'm not a coin guy so I don't know what would be the most important first 5 words for that listing.

I noticed via my query that that particular token was pretty highly priced at $9.95 $C plus $23.95 shipping as compared to whoever the person is that is charging $2.69 $C with free shipping for the same thing......along with lots more of the other issues from that series.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

I searched for Clampett beany  boy  and found it right away.

I also searched for Regent fins and for vintage fins and your listing came up both times.  What search words are you using? You might want to put law darts in that title.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply