Frustrated by increased Cancellation Requests

Normally I don't care if buyers request a cancel. All my listings are BIN/Immediate payment. I just refund and move on.

BUT... recently I've had a lot more buyer initiated cancellations. Like, A LOT. And every time I relist, it takes up one of my free 250 Monthly listings - which makes me mad.

I feel like if Ebay is not going to charge the buyer a cancel fee (to pay for the seller to relist), they should eat the fee themselves. We pay sooo many fees already (plus taxes, and then fees on taxes, and then more taxes).

Is ebay making cancelations too easy? Or should they be adding extra "Are You sure" steps before paying to avoid cancellations?

Maybe my bad luck is just coincidence, but man, it's getting annoying...
Message 1 of 2
latest reply
1 REPLY 1

Re: Frustrated by increased Cancellation Requests

I haven't had that problem but it would be annoying if it happened a lot.  If it is a real problem you could turn on the out of stock option in selling preferences.   When the item is purchased the quantity will go to 0 and won't be seen by buyers.  If the buyer cancels, change the 0 to 1 so that the listing is visible again.  There will be no relist fee. Once the item has been sent you can end the listing manually.

Message 2 of 2
latest reply