Help! Can't automate the combined shipping fee with the instruction

kissick
Community Member

i every one, I have been an ebay buyer for years and never sold anything. I recently got into a new hobby as collecting and painting miniatures, and now I want to seller some of my extra minis and my own paited works, but I don't seem to understand how the combined shipping works.

I have read everything I could find, mostly is to the "site preference - enable combined shiping - flat shipping - add amount for each extra" thing.

But it just won't automate, it always combines all full shipping costs for each item.

Also, I tried the calculated shipping as shipping discount offer and I cannot turn it off now, I disable the offer and it shows as this:

Calculated shipping rule
Shipping Discount Profile: Do not combine item weights (no discount). (ID: 1143404019)
Specify a handling cost in the Sell Your Item form.

Its this the right status? How can I really turn it off? Because in the Shipping Preference - Show box it still displays as "yes".

I asked other people to add my items in the shopping cart and it charges the full cost for ALL the items. And I have done everything I found about how to automate this function and I still cant get it done.

Can someone help me out? Big thanks :c

PS..Im not sure if this is the right place to ask, is it?
Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Help! Can't automate the combined shipping fee with the instruction

Take a good look at:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/shipping-discounts.html

Change your preferences accordingly.  It works great.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Take a good look at:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/pay/shipping-discounts.html

Change your preferences accordingly.  It works great.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Hi Pierrelebel! Thank you so much for replying!

I did read this page before I did anything to my shipping discount options, and changed them accordingly. And it is not working either because it is not working or I'm doing it wrong.

Now I'm just guessing that the reason why it always get the full shipping cost is because that I'm using caculated shipping?

234.jpg

233.jpg

But I have seen people who are using caculated shipping and the fees are still reduced on mutiple purchases. I don't get it.

Anyways, does this mean that I have to set a fixed shipping cost if I want it to show discounted shipping fee on each item after the first/highest one?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

and it keeps disaplaying "caculated shipping" as YES while i'm no using any caculated shipping (And the worst is that it actually disaplays "no" sometimes on its own will then back to "yes" later....) I so confused.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thank you guys I think I worked this out.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

"And it is not working either because it is not working or I'm doing it wrong."

On eBay whenever you make a change to your preferences (such as combining shipping or offering shipping discounts) the change only takes effect for new listings. 

Changes do not affect completed listings nor active listings.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply