Help with combining items

I have a buyer who wants 5 items. She asked if I could give a lower the cost on one of the items so I did that and it has come up as a sale for her. Now how can I add the other items that she wants?

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

If she puts the other items in cart and "requests total" you should be able to manually send her an invoice. It may already show the item she has "bought" and as long as she has not paid yet should add the other items since it's the same buyer. I'm not sure if Request Total works on app (it didn't used to) but it should work on desk top version. I have an international buyer who is always buying something and adding more items. As long as she doesn't pay it allows me to combine them on one invoice.

Alternatively (if she has paid) and you have to do it as two orders just adjust the shipping price on the newer order and still ship them together.

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Thanks, that worked out fine, still no email that the invoice had been sent. There was a feedback section in which I again told eBay that the notification of the invoice being sent does not arrive in spite of the box asking for that is checked.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

If it worked for you when you sent it should be okay. I know I don't always get a copy of invoices I send either. I  do for some international items but rarely for Canada or US. Hopefully you will know soon she received it when payment comes through! If you look under Orders it should show them grouped together with the combined shipping (under Awaiting Payment if unpaid).

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Yes she got it, I had sent her a message telling her that eBay doesn't let me know if she has received it and to let me know if she doesn't have it, but the payment came through. I still think eBay should let sellers know that it has been sent.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Yes, would be nice! Glad it worked out! 🙂

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

@triber wrote:

I have a buyer who wants 5 items. She asked if I could give a lower the cost on one of the items so I did that and it has come up as a sale for her. Now how can I add the other items that she wants?

Hoping this is a one of random situation but in speaking to another seller who went to send a combined invoice for 5 items. They entered the appropriate shipping amount and service to be used when they went to send the invoice. They checked off copy for themselves, which they got. Only issue being somehow when the invoice got sent system defaulted to FREE shipping. One item in the mix did have economy shipping attached. The remaining 4 had flat rate. The customer paid immediately so seller is out the combined shipping amount. So not a very happy camper at the moment. Little you can do after the fact.

Posting so others can watch to see if this is a new glitch or as stated above a 1 of.

-Lotz

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Wow, that is a lot worse than me not being able to get a confirmation email. I find the way that the final sales comes up is rather strange, instead of one payment for all the 5 in the last one, each one is a separate payment with the percentage of the combined shipping for each one. I am wondering if it is costing more to have it marked as five separate payments.

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

@triber wrote:

Wow, that is a lot worse than me not being able to get a confirmation email. I find the way that the final sales comes up is rather strange, instead of one payment for all the 5 in the last one, each one is a separate payment with the percentage of the combined shipping for each one. I am wondering if it is costing more to have it marked as five separate payments.

If you look at on payment screen in Sellers Hub, the shipping gets pro-rated vs 1 line for shipping with 1 charge. Interesting way to do it. Would be the same for any taxes. Normal bricks & mortar store if something was shipped it would be 1 line and same for taxes. And if there were 2 taxes those would become 2 lines. Example (GST/PST).

-Lotz

Message 9 of 9
latest reply