I think I am missing something but I don't know what, can you help?

I was just searching for one of my CD's Angelique Kidjo - Black Ivory Soul and I could find it in the search results.  I then tried some investigating and somehow it is not coming up on the regular search of which there is 15.  Mine comes up on it's own.  Anybody see what I am missing?  I am pulling my hair out right now.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@musicyouneed wrote:

I was just searching for one of my CD's Angelique Kidjo - Black Ivory Soul and I could find it in the search results.  I then tried some investigating and somehow it is not coming up on the regular search of which there is 15.  Mine comes up on it's own.  Anybody see what I am missing?  I am pulling my hair out right now.

I looked at the underlying html code and it looks like:

Ange-lique-Kidjo-Black-Ivory-Soul-CD-2002-Sony-Music-Columbia-Nr-MINT-10-10

eBay thinks there is an extra empty character in your title -- next to where the accented e would be in Angelique -- result is you can not search with Angelique and find it because it's been split into 2 words for your listing.

Go edit your listing and retype Angelique again and see if that fixes the sort results (it make take a while to re-index)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I saw 20 listings -- none from Canada and most at a higher price than yours , although that may be because those are new not used.

Then I reduced the Search to Canada Only and got--zero, zip, nada, rien.

Sorry.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

I looked at the underlying html code and it looks like:

Ange-lique-Kidjo-Black-Ivory-Soul-CD-2002-Sony-Music-Columbia-Nr-MINT-10-10

eBay thinks there is an extra empty character in your title -- next to where the accented e would be in Angelique -- result is you can not search with Angelique and find it because it's been split into 2 words for your listing.

Go edit your listing and retype Angelique again and see if that fixes the sort results (it make take a while to re-index)

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for trying!  I just am at wits end.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

I think that may explain it.  I retyped the title and hopefully it works.  If so you are a life saver.  If it works I will mark your answer as my solution.  Thanks so much.  

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

I think that may explain it.  I retyped the title and hopefully it works.  If so you are a life saver.  If it works I will mark your answer as my solution.  Thanks so much.  

I've experienced similar results. Since that happened many many years ago when I have a name which includes any type of non-standard character I repeat the word without it.

I use both because for some names because a few buyers will user the non-standard version in their search.

For example

"Motörhead" gets you about 1,900 listings (and it's the official spelling)

"Motorhead" gets you about 27,000 listings

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 6
latest reply