Forum Posts

New Jewelry Policy

Hoping someone a little more knowledgeable in jewelry can help me. If I understand it correctly under the new jewelry policy we are to list gold & silver plated jewelry as fine jewelry. I would assume that this would mean only if it is marked 14ktEP ...

A "trick" to figure out the word count of your description....

I "invented" this today, I suspect other tools will do the same thing but it works great for me... I cut and paste the wording into a new outlook message and one of the tabs under "Review" is word count..... As I (re)list items I'll keep the word cou...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 16 replies
  • 0 helpful

Price of First Class Stamp Going DOWN in USA

It is not easy to compete with American sellers, more so when the price of a first class stamp is going down (first decrease in almost 100 years) http://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-postal-just-lowered-price-193947632.html#

Wow! I think I upset eBay by not listing yesterday

So, first my Turbo Lister database gets thoroughly corrupted and before I can fix it, my laptop decides to overheat or something and shuts down on me. Go on one of my IDs today using DHs computer and eBay reminds me that I haven't listed anything for...

Ebay shipping supply link

Here is a link to the shipping supplies, being sold by Ebay of course on Ebay.com http://stores.ebay.com/ebay-Shipping-Supplies

• 9 replies
  • 0 helpful

Buyer I blocked twice is coming back again

Here's my problem... a buyer I blocked twice - yes twice - for not paying is coming back again under another ID. She probably asked a friend to buy the photos for her, because the sale confirmation from eBay states one name and address BUT the paymen...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

UK Seller's Cat Accidentally Mailed with DVD Order?

Thanks to our friend Ina at ecommerceytes, this: http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-35906712 I'll get you started: Pet cat posted from Cornwall to West Sussex27 March 2016 From the section EnglandA pet cat has survived eight days in the post, trapped...

• 12 replies
  • 2 helpful

wrong address again

Got a bad buyer in USA who bought an item march 9, 2016. Buyer provided wrong city and zip code to both paypal and ebay. Buyer has been badgering us since march 23, 2016 wanting to know why he has not received the item. Today we had a hunch and messa...

Buyer tried to buy but eBay won't let him

Apparently a buyer tried to pay for my repair service and messaged me the following message: tried to pay but comes : contact the seller because he does not shipping to your addressLet me know He is located in the US and I do have ships to: Canada, U...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

Hmmm no wonder Australian stamps sell so slow....

They seem to have forgotten the "Australia and Oceania" section from the categories list in the stamps (in .COM) section! I really had to work to eventually find the category.......had to go to show all categories to even see the high level category....

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Advice needed for multiple purchases transaction

Several weeks ago a repeat buyer purchased several items, she asked if she could wait and look through my store again, I told her that was fine, she has purchased from me before. She did this about 4 times, making purchases 4-6 days apart. She finall...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Paypal fees to increase for cross border to the US .

US cross-border feesWe have made changes to Section 8.4(b) of the UA and Section 2(e) of the Pro/VT Agreement to update the fees that apply to Canadian Sellers selling to buyers located in the United States. These fee changes will become effective on...

• 76 replies
  • 0 helpful

E-Bay is Wrecking My Top-Rated Seller Status

I don't consider myself to be a nut, a conspiracy theorist or an eBay hater. eBay has been good to me and I don't mind admitting it. I have always looked at ebay like this: their game, their rules, and you can either play on that basis or not. I have...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Spring seller update. What is active content?

In the spring seller update it gives details for the future limited characters in the description. I don't understand the difference in the 250 character and 800 character options, and I don't know what "active content" is. I often write quite long d...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

New eBay Shipping Supplies

http://announcements.ebay.com/2016/04/announcing-new-branded-shipping-store/ OK - let's take a look Priced in Cdn$ http://stores.ebay.com/ebay-Shipping-Supplies Let's try: http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-count-eBay-Branded-Airjacket-Envelopes-6-5-x-8-75-...

Auction Promo April 7 - 13

New Auction Promo for 500 auctions starts today Please note: invited sellers must activate the Promotion by selecting "Activate offer" in the invitation email or on the Promotion landing page. Items listed prior to a seller activating the Promotion w...

where are my promotions listed

i cant seem to find how many listings i've usedany help would be appreciated am specifically looking for the promotion i agreed to participate in

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Interesting new? wording in paypal payments...

Perhaps I've only just noticed it today but I'm seeing payments from eBay buyers that instead of the normal: "Purchase from BUYERNAME" it says "PayPal Smart Connect BUYERNAME" I'm wondering what that means, I'm sure it denotes some sort of paying typ...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

My hopes for eBay supplies...

I think/hope eBay is on the right track with this. I live in a wee village and our local PO has all the stacks of parcels that have arrived, everything from boxes of stuff to car bumpers!!! As an eBay seller, it is so sad to see so many "Amazon" labe...

• 20 replies
  • 0 helpful

ID help needed - Giraffe, Kangaroo or other?

Hi! I have a silly little question here but I am stumped so would appreciate any opinions! I want to sell this Blankets & Beyond security blanket but for the life of me have no idea what animal this is? I can only find one like it on google and the s...

User avatar by Not applicable
  • 15 replies
  • 0 helpful

Promotions this morning Canadian currency only???????

First EBAY thanks for all the promotions this morning (3 different ones, could list 250,000 on these) HOWEVER this is exactly what I have been complaining to you about for months/year now No promotions for over a month then all of a sudden WHAM more ...

• 38 replies
  • 1 helpful

US buying compared to Canadian buying

Just looked at the new announcements for Canadian sellers. I find it a joke that the US can buy products from Canada for up to $800.00 now without paying duties etc. Thought the $200.00 limit they had before was pretty nice. What do we Canadians buye...

Error -We're sorry, but the seller of this item is unable to receive funds at this time.

I've run into this problem over and over and over and over. I've continually contacted Ebay technical support about this issue and EVERYTIME I'm told they have NEVER heard of this problem. For the amount of times Canadian sellers are calling you abou...

• 11 replies
  • 0 helpful

Selling TV circuit boards

I am a business owner. I repair electronics, mostly TVs. From time to time, I sell circuit boards for extra income and to reduce inventory overstock. I sold a board to some guy in California. He opened a return request saying the board doesn't work a...

• 22 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels