Is there a seller from Newfoundland here?

I need to double check an address in Bonavista NL as it seems incomplete.  I emailed the buyer but they have not responded.  Let me know and I will send you a PM with the address to see if it seems right.  I don't know how small Bonavista is, might only be a 1,000 people. 

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

That might be an invasion of privacy and disclosing confidential information to a 3rd party.

I sure wouldn't get involved!

Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Did you check the address using Canada Post postal code lookup? You shoul be able to verify the address that way.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Check Canada Post's website.

First you can find a postal code for an address.

Then lower down on the same page you can find an address in relation to a specific postal code.

-------------------------------------------------

There is nothing wrong with looking on-line to verify the correctness of an address.

I use  Canada Post's website...  first to find a postal code ...or... the reverse... Find an address using a postal code, 

I also have looked on Mapquest to see where the buyer lives

There is also ... Google maps.

Then  you can look the White pages for a specific person....  and find the address where that person lives... not always perfect

It is more than amazing to do a search on the internet  and find out about a buyer in question.

If the information  is on the internet... anyone can access the information.

For Google Maps  do a search on the internet using the address....    and if you are careful you will access Google maps....

Many times with Google Maps I have been "on the street"  virtually standing in front of the buyer's house.

I once had a very strange address in New York City.... and then  there I was... standing in front of the buyer's house...

Address format can vary... must always be correct to where the buyer lives.  Threw have been time there was something 'Missing"  in the address..... and the buyer appreciated the notification of an error ever so slight

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

This address just had a number and then Bonavista NL and the postal code.  I didn't know if that number belongs to a box or was part of an address.  

I used to be a fraud investigator in my past life so i enjoy researching.  I found the business directory for Bonavista and it seems that very few places have an address but just of PO box.   

http://townofbonavista.com/siteupload/Bonavista%20Business%20Directory.pdf

It seems that all mail is delivered to PO boxes. 

From searching, I was able to find out where she worked and the business is listed in the directory, where she is having her mail sent.  So she just left off the words PO Box.   I am not concerned now, mystery solved. 

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

I had this very same thing happen with a buyer from Behchoko, NT. The PayPal address was just a PO Box. Like you I was a bit worried it wasn't complete, but after doing a bit of research I saw Behchoko is a small community (<2,000 people) and everyone seemingly has their mail delivered to a PO Box. I just shipped to the PayPal address as it was given and there were no issues.
Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Mine didn't have the words PO Box or anything, just a number, that's it. That is why it was confusing. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

@musicyouneed wrote:

Mine didn't have the words PO Box or anything, just a number, that's it. That is why it was confusing. 

Side note:

Going back in time, the post office used to have to let people that putting "Town" on the envelope instead of the actual town name was no longer an acceptable address, especially true when mail sorting at local post offices was being phased out.

-..-

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

How many remember when someone could mail a letter with a Social Insurance Number (SIN) as the only entry for an address.

and... the letter would get delivered?

No longer possible...  The SIN is secure and very private today

Message 9 of 9
latest reply