Inventory Optimization w/ GTC

Just a heads up to anyone that uses GTC for their listings. Hope this side affect does not have the potential to be similar to "The Great Missing Pictures Incident of 2018" without suitable compensation for the time wasted it could cause?

I use SELL SIMILAR(Would also affect RELIST) when a listing of mine ends, Since this kicked in as of late have run across a number of listings where when attempting to do so there were too many item specifics in play. A number were duplicates that eBay added, that I had added originally. The only way to complete the process was to confirm which item specifics I could remove safely and while trying to bring the number down to 25 Maximum. Basically having to PROOF/AUDIT a listing before proceeding. This problem COULD also affect anyone using GTC causing any listings with too many Item Specifics sending your ended listings to their relist folder until you have resolved.

-CM

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

This potential difficulty applies upon relisting any type of listing listed prior to the date the new specifics were added.
All of the categories I've listed in lately had only the modified yes/no specific added which caused no problems.

I'm wondering though about some old listings in other categories that haven't been listed recently.

What sort of new specifics have been added in your categories?

Must be a lot of them to push the number above the new limit of 25.
Message 2 of 3
latest reply

The bulk of my items that have been affected were in Business & Industrial - Electrical Plugs.

Appears the added specifics would be:

1. Custom Bundle:
  2. Bundle Description:
  3. Non Domestic:
  4. Applicable Regions:
  5. Modified Item:
  6. Modification Description:

Believe some of the original categories could already be considered duplicates but limited in specifics you can remove.

-CM

Message 3 of 3
latest reply