Forum Posts

First Foray into Promotions Manager ~:0!!

I've given the new "Promotions Manager" a try, I'll see in about 10 minutes what the result is. It took me nearly an hour to get my sale set up (see "Issues" below). BTW, for those who don't yet know, this is the feature that replaces the old "Markdo...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 6 replies
  • 1 helpful

Help needed with a huge mistake!

Ohh boy I messed up! I sold something and I went to prepare to ship and could not believe my eyes as to the error I had made with the shipping! Instead of 10.95 I made a huge mistake and wrote 1005.00 Yes I am horrified : ( I am even more in shock th...

Inventory Optimization w/ GTC

Just a heads up to anyone that uses GTC for their listings. Hope this side affect does not have the potential to be similar to "The Great Missing Pictures Incident of 2018" without suitable compensation for the time wasted it could cause? I use SELL ...

Holy emojis!

The ‘your so-and-and-so listing is confirmed’ tonight have been replaced with an email so laden with emojis that it obscures all useful information.I’m not 12.I don’t need emojis.I need to know *which* listings are ‘live’.Again and again, I’m left to...

• 11 replies
  • 2 helpful

I came across this on facebook and it has a lot of good info I thought I would share.

This came up on my facebook feed and contains a lot of good info, some not so good. It is also geared to a seller in the US. I didn't write it or alter it in any way but gives some ideas for responses. I have a couple of ones that I use from a poster...

Resolved! Any suggestions about how to respond to this?

I got a message from a potential buyer"I like some of your items and want to pick up them myself to avoid shipping cost. Can I come over any convenient for you time over the weekend?"I don't want to sell off-ebay, so I am not sure how to go about thi...

• 30 replies
  • 0 helpful

Product-based vs. vintage items

"Over the next few years, we'll expand the eBay catalogue in phases to eventually cover all products. You'll still be able to add any items that are not represented in the catalogue—such as unique, handmade, or vintage items." That should be interest...

Shipping Cost for Canadian Sellers

Hi guys,I'm a beginner. I see the Shipping Cost for my parcels that ebay shows me is always more than 13 CAD. Is there any other way to ship my parcel in lower price?

• 10 replies
  • 0 helpful

hypocrisy

Hello all I am here to discuss the hypocrisy of this platform ! I sell STUN BATONS of legal length for CANADA and no where else . Recently all my adds were removed because I am the only one not allowed to sell legal batons here only PROHIBITED STUN B...

Fall Update - Ruh-Roh?

Just noticed on the Fall Update FAQ, the following. Read the words carefully. Do I see the proverbial poop hitting the fan over this one? If I have tracking that proves an item was delivered even though there's an "item not received" claim, will you ...

• 5 replies
  • 2 helpful

Hmmm GTC renewal glitch, items ending....

Today I've had the 2nd GTC item "end". When I look at the item it shows as 30 days instead of GTC. There is no message saying anything was wrong with the item. The 30 days is up so presumably that is the reason. I never have 30 day items, everything ...

• 4 replies
  • 2 helpful

New Seller Metric page has arrived.

The new Seller Metrics announced in the last update have arrived to Seller Hub. I was expecting them to pop up in the Seller Dashboard but that's not the case. Instead, a new page has been added to the Performance tab in Seller Hub called "Service Me...

Where Is Reply WIth Offer?

I use to see "Reply With Offer" in my email but lately it appears to be missing.I received a couple emails that I would have liked to reply to with an offer as this option would make things so much easier but it's MIA.Any idea why it's missing?Thanks...

Resolved! How do you offer local pickup as an option

I have a buyer who is interested in an item of mine and it is possible that he could pick up & avoid costly shipping costs. I wanted to revise my item & offer this as a shipping option (so he could chose this when paying & I would not have to pay FVF...

How bad are sales, take a look!

This is bad. I have never had such poor sales since May 2018. It's like the light went off in my store. I know that I am in a dying field, however when I check CD sales overall they are still selling and my prices are in the middle. How are your sale...

poor sales.jpg

Ebay's bleak outlook

EBay Inc. (EBAY.O 0.37%) gave a lackluster sales forecast for the third quarter, signaling leaner times may be ahead for the company following a round of layoffs. https://www.bnnbloomberg.ca/ebay-s-bleak-q2-sales-outlook-signals-lean-times-ahead-1.11...

• 26 replies
  • 1 helpful

Ebay system for dealing with listings is terribly crude, never meant for hundreds of products

My most actively-used pieces of information when selling are:-Sold, Active listings, Unsold, (left-hand side), "selling reminders" (middle page) and "messages." What is missing from this is a one-click SEARCH mechanism. People aren't all gifted with ...

ebay.jpg

Selling limits?

I wish ebay was alittle quicker on the selling limits I have been selling on ebay for 90+days still can only list ten auctions a month.

Labels