Signin syndrome is back again....

Since yesterday afternoon:

-if my laptop sits at a give screen for a while and I move to another screen like open auctions, or items ready to ship

-often when I refresh a screen (normally "myebay")

-if I switch to a window/screen on the other site. Because I'm selling on both .CA and .COM now I normally have a screen on each site open much of the day now. I've always got multiple Chrome windows open.

I get the sign in screen.

So far I've only had to type the password in once each time, but I've probably had to type my password in over 20 times today already....

tyler@ebay 

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

tyler@ebay
Community Member

@ricarmic - Well that's one way to make sure that you remember a password 😛

Just as general housekeeping questions (the ones I'll get asked as soon as I report):

Have you recently changed computers or internet service providers?

Sounds like you're using Chrome - is this happening on any other browsers?

Have you done 'the usual' (clear cache/cookies, rebooted the PC)?

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 2 of 6
latest reply

I have the password saved & even though I may have the log in set for stay logged in, still get the occasional issue with the message that  it doesn't "match". Have had same computer for years, use Firefox and seems to happen more so with .COM. However, I have found that using the back button & giving it a go again brings about a better result, at least it generally only takes a couple of tries to get the log in to work.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

I cleared cache, and so far I have not had recurrence, however I've been using the screens continually.

I have not changed computers, carriers or anything like that.

I'm a monogamous Chrome user so didn't start/try others.

I will re-advise tomorrow if it recurs. It looks like there is a good chance the cache clearing resolved, apologies that I didn't try that before posting.
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

You're just fine @ricarmic! Keep me posted and let me know if it rears its ugly head again. 🙂 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 6
latest reply

No recurrence at all today.... so all is well!
Message 6 of 6
latest reply