Forum Posts

EBay is telling me to ship- but PP shows no payment.

I just got two sales both on dotCOM that are telling me that they are paid and I should ship.But neither shows any payment in Paypal. Another glitch?Or did I just open them too quickly? This is what the email says:Congratulations, your item sold and ...

Interesting Memorial on the Death of Ebay Valet

I thought this was interesting to read. Not that the program was ever available to us here in Canada but I was always curious as to how it worked. I've been approached casually by people who sort of float the idea that I sell for them and they're not...

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 9.16.33 PM.png
User avatar by Community Member
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can't list or relist, photo upload issue

I'm trying to add new listings to our eBay CA store, but for some reason, the part where you add the photos just have a green circle going around like its loading. I thought maybe I was experiencing slow network connection, but I tried it on eBay US ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay goes for a record

Signed in. Went to messages. Saw a message and tried to access it. Had to sign-in again. Then went to answer the message. Had to sign-in a third time. E-f------ nuf, Ebay. Stop linking your 1$@#$!@E$ ADS to SELLER FUNCTIONS. When I'm SELLING I'm not ...

Paypal promo code

I just did a Paypal label for a package and there was an option to add a promo code. I can't find anything on the site, anyone know what this is?

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Sold a 600$ camera yesterday to a buyer who started account the same day...

Hey guys! Before shipping the item I wanted to check if there's additional precaution I can take to protect myself. The camera was ~600$ + tx = 700$ purchased by a Canadian living on Prince Edward Island and has a Chinese name. When I look up the add...

Listing confirmation

Just got listing confirmation for a relisted item. Attached to this message was "you have listings that NEED to be relisted" with a bunch of expired listings, pictures and all. Not only that. I only list on .ca, yet this message is from .com. Is this...

Resolved! Trying to cancel a transaction

I want to cancel a transaction because the buyer did not pay, but they are not responding to but they are not responding to the open case I have against them. What can I do to resolve this as I want to relist the item? Any help would be greatly appre...

• 20 replies
  • 0 helpful

Messages from PayPal MIA again

Item sold and received notice from eBay promptly but email message from PayPal regarding payment is nowhere to be seen. Ditto for email confirmation regarding withdrawal of funds.My point is that we’ll need to watch closely the Seller Hub to determin...

• 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Canada

Living in Canada, its rather pointless for sellers who list their items 'may not ship to Canada"

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

GTC Photos Missing Fiasco Final Offer Or...?

Is the (generally considered by sellers and quietly, many of the rank & file, as insulting) offer of 500 listings and a few pennies per affected listing eBays "best & final" offer? I forgot how to send the bat-signal to staff that participate on this...

• 17 replies
  • 0 helpful

SERVICE METRICS.. very confused??

I have zero returns, and yet it shows me as very high, this makes no sense at all. Anyone else getting the same type of thing.. Ebay says if you are in the very high area, you can face a 4% increase in final value fees. Item not as described returnsS...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Program that lets you check which GTC listing photos were lost.... I thought I bookmarked

Can anyone please remind me of the program that a seller can run that lets us identify which GTC listings lost photos in that debacle from June? I ran it a few weeks and took screenshots but now I need to double-check something and I would like to ru...

• 1 replies
  • 1 helpful

CP Parcel cuttoff times

Got a package to my post outlet a few minutes before 5. By the time it was scanned, receipt said 17.01 "after cutoff time". Friendly PO lady said the driver arrives almost to 5.30pm and it will be fine. I saw the driver take all parcels into the truc...

Buyer wants to return a phone that has nothing wrong with it. Should I have to pay the shipping?

I sold a phone 2 weeks ago. So now I get a message from the buyer claiming that it’s not the same phone that’s in the picture, and that it’s not as described. The only description I wrote was that it’s “preowned and comes with a charger” and put 2 pi...

New kind of buyer fraud - a case of laptop

I correctly gave the description of the item, a laptop, in the main section, but the ebay software somehow described the laptop incorrectly as 16 inch instead of 14 inch.The buyer claimed that he was misled by the detail that was automatically genera...

• 8 replies
  • 0 helpful

New Offer???? Halloween Items???

Price Right,Save BigSave 25% on selling fees when you list what’s most-wanted for Halloween buyers. https://pages.ebay.ca/promo/2018/0813/halloweenhotitems.html Categories: CostumesRecommended items: Women's, Men's & Unisex Costumes for $19.99 - $59....

Second Scammer this month, getting free items from eBay

This is a second scammer within less than 30 days that buys items and leaves a negative feedback in order to get item for free. But best of all he will not change his feedback after you will refund him. There are 6 sellers that have reported the guy ...

Buyer Notified Me That They Gave Me The Wrong Shipping Address

I had a buyer purchase an item on August 3rd. He e-mailed me the other day stating that he made a mistake & gave me the wrong shipping address. He asked if I could intercept the package somehow. I said I couldn't as it was not sent with tracking. He ...

Search parameters

As I sell preowned fine china and OAK items, I now find since all the changes, my listings have no views (0). The last 24 hours 20 listings ended with no views, so am I to expect this is the new normal. Other sellers with like items are selling. What...

Resolved! Sales (31 days) incorrect?

In Seller Hub, I realised that the total sales for the last 31 days is incorrect. EBay includes the shipping costs. So if the buyer is outside Canada, the sales amount seems higher, but in fact it's not. Why are they doing this like that?

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Adding Community to Shortcuts

I was late to the weekly chat so thought I would post this here. I had the same problem with adding community to shortcuts but found this worked. Add your title, then add the URL in proper place.The add button doesn't work - just hit your return key ...

• 7 replies
  • 5 helpful

WARNING: August 11 to 17 promo, 500 free listings

Create 500 FREE auction or fixed price listingsPay no insertion fees on up to 500 listings. Excludes 1-day and 3-day duration. Learn More11-Aug-2018 12:00:00 AM to 17-Aug-2018 11:59:59 PM Warning: This one starts SATURDAY. Don't start using too early...

Rate Codes for shipping to Postal Codes in Canada

Does anyone know why the "Rate Codes Table" from the Canada Post Guide, does not show all postal codes in Ontario. (I haven't checked the other provinces). I am looking up the cost to ship to Mississauga Ontario, from Gravenhurst, Ontario, and there ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels