Forum Posts

What the heck? Has eBay forgotten its own policies?

All right, this is beyond my comprehension. I thought the new sign-in page allowing logging on to eBay via Facebook was bad enough (didn't eBay spend the last 2 decades walling itself off from outside contact and punishing anyone who tried such shena...

User avatar by Community Member
  • 9 replies
  • 1 helpful

Resolved! 'Include skipped items when they qualify': Markdown Manager. What does it mean?

I speak fluent Markdown Manager but this one threw me today. 'Include skipped items when they qualify'. Is it new? What does it mean? What's a 'skipped' item and 'qualify' for what? Do you think this means Promotions Manager is getting closer to rele...

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 1.43.49 PM.png
  • 23 replies
  • 0 helpful

Feedback reminder

A couple of weeks ago I had a sale and payment, and within a few minutes, the buyer asked to cancel the sale and I did that and refunded the payment. Today I get a reminder from eBay to leave feedback for that transaction.Surely I am not expected to ...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Combined shipping, would you refund $1.00

I have a person who purchased 2 CD's from me and I am able to get them into one envelope. I list on .com and .ca and this person bought 1 from each site. The savings is about $1.00 putting it into one envelope. They paid about $7.00 shipping. My cost...

New EBAY YOUR ITEM Sold Message

Not sure if this was brought up or noticed originally, but needs to be corrected. I always look for the Paypal message that payment was truly received but the message you get proceeding a sale is extremely contradictory. Congratulations, your item so...

Do sellers use Make offer? or BIN by itself?

I tried selling a few things with BIN / Make Offer. Put what I thought wasa 'fair' price, about 10% less than what it was 'trending' or had sold for.But not one offer in a month! On the other hand, I put a 'fair' price with BIN but no "Offer" button,...

Shipping Supplies

Can anyone recommend a company that sells shipping supplies at reasonable prices -- bubble & poly envelopes, bubble wrap, small boxes, etc. I checked the ULine catalogue but I'm hoping that I can find something a bit cheaper. I got my last big order ...

• 32 replies
  • 0 helpful

A devilish? way to sell!

This is an interesting scenario. I need to buy a new watch. Not in major hurry. Found the watch, Canadian seller, has 10 of the one I wanted. $69.99 $C in par with the lowest prices out there. Feedback passable. Wanted to wait till the next coupon ca...

• 9 replies
  • 1 helpful

Items not being marked automatically as shipped by eBay when postal labels made thru PayPal

Anyone else seeing this? The last items I have sold have not been marked "shipped" with (tracking number attached) automatically by eBay when the postal label was generated through PayPal, which always happened before. Is this a change that I missed?...

• 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Is my logic correct?

If you decide to promote your items; giving ebay another percentage selling fees of your choice; on top of what you already give them... does it "demote" other listings from other seller of similar items. Is the demotion occur as a lost of visibility...

• 33 replies
  • 0 helpful

Automatic relist 8 times, new feature?

I listed a couple of items this morning, and found this on the listing form,Automatically relist this item up to 8 times if it doesn't sell. Fees may apply for each relist.Does this mean that we can only relist automatically 8 times now? I didn't che...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

My buyers can't pay

Whenever I receive a purchase, my buyers have to contact me saying they want to cancel order because when the purchase, PayPal says they have to pay with credit card. Whats wrong?

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

Resolved! Is Canada Post down?

I have been trying for a couple of hours to do a Paypal label, I keep getting an error message. I wondered if the package exceeded the Canada Post measurements for small packet, so I tried to get onto the CP site to check, and I can't get anything to...

• 5 replies
  • 0 helpful

Has the Revisions page changed recently?

I went to add a scan to a listing for an enquiry, and couldn't.Not only that the entire Revisions page seems to have changed to something in LARGE PRINT and simplified language.Solved the problem by ending the listing, using Sell Similar, adding the ...

Resolved! Advanced Search for Buyer Contact Information

A buyer's phone number is required for the paypal shipping label.Some buyers do not show phone number at bottom of their address.It was easy to obtain that phone number by using the Advanced Search link. On the left side there was a link call "CONTAC...

• 6 replies
  • 0 helpful

Confusion shipping an item

buyer who just opened his/her ebay account today bought my Macbook today. buyer is from northern province of Canada. is it safe to ship it? buyer provided me with the po box number and postal code.

Tracking links

Why doesn't the tracking update properly from PayPal to Ebay? I usually buy my shipping label through PayPal as it is super convenient, but once the tracking information ports over to Ebay it seems to loose track of who the carrier is....If I manuall...

• 7 replies
  • 0 helpful

I Have a BIG problem - Need some help.

I listed this CD Annie Herring - All That I Am and didn't notice that the wrong CD was in the jewel case. There is a picture of it on the listing. There is not another one listed on ebay.ca or .com or amazon.ca otherwise I would have bought it. What ...

Resolved! Item was listed and bought using Buy It Now; I cancelled; Showing as 'Sold'?

So long story short, I had an item listed which was purchased by an international buyer. The payment was not sent when the purchase was made. As I had no intention to ship internationally I cancelled the transaction. When I look at my account I see t...

Where Can I Find My PayPal Shipping Label Costs?

Because I have not been very active on eBay the last few months and have simply been trying to sell off my inventory, I have not reviewed eBay's new policies very carefully but, rather, have skimmed through them. I know that they are planning on inst...

• 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

eBay Global Collections Sellers SCAM?!

Hi, I think this may be a scam, so might have to watch out.It's saying that I missed a payment, but I have it auto pay, which has been done 5 days prior, as scheduled.

Clipboard0.png Clipboard011.png Clipboard0-2.png

Invoices to buyers after purchase

In the past, a seller would get a copy of the invoice a buyer was also seeing. That changed somewhere in the recent past. Just had an item sell with best offer to the UK. In attempting to confirm shipping options available the Invoice in Sellers Hub ...

EBay is telling me to ship- but PP shows no payment.

I just got two sales both on dotCOM that are telling me that they are paid and I should ship.But neither shows any payment in Paypal. Another glitch?Or did I just open them too quickly? This is what the email says:Congratulations, your item sold and ...

Interesting Memorial on the Death of Ebay Valet

I thought this was interesting to read. Not that the program was ever available to us here in Canada but I was always curious as to how it worked. I've been approached casually by people who sort of float the idea that I sell for them and they're not...

Screen Shot 2018-08-20 at 9.16.33 PM.png
  • 3 replies
  • 0 helpful

Can't list or relist, photo upload issue

I'm trying to add new listings to our eBay CA store, but for some reason, the part where you add the photos just have a green circle going around like its loading. I thought maybe I was experiencing slow network connection, but I tried it on eBay US ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 helpful
Labels