Is there a way to extend Best Offer window?

I think Best Offer window used to be 48 hours, right? I received an offer on one of my listings but since I didn't check my e-mail yesterday, when I had a chance to look at it today it has already expired... and apparently the window for me to accept the offer is only 24 hours. Is that a recent change? Is there a way in my eBay settings to change that back to 48 hours? 

Message 1 of 8
latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

byto253
Community Member

I don't think so.    So you can email, let them know you had not seen it and send an offer back at the same time. 

Message 2 of 8
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @zee-chan! Best Offers that are sent to you have their response timeframe set by the interested party (24, 48 or 72 hours). It's not something that you can change from your end.  

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 8
latest reply

tyler@ebay wrote:

Hi @zee-chan! Best Offers that are sent to you have their response timeframe set by the interested party (24, 48 or 72 hours). It's not something that you can change from your end. 

Hello Tyler,

Can you confirm? I think the 24/48/72 is a US thing only. Canada  never got those options. You don't even see the expiry when you send. Only  options are amount or %. Best offers.JPG

-Lotz

Message 4 of 8
latest reply

Lotz-- Wouldn't that apply to Sellers making offers?

This is a case of a Buyer making an offer. 

Message 5 of 8
latest reply

@reallynicestamps wrote:

Lotz-- Wouldn't that apply to Sellers making offers?

This is a case of a Buyer making an offer. 

When I go to attempt to make an offer to a seller there are only options for an amount and a note. What I expressed above was passed on to me from US sellers in the past.

Send offer.JPG

-Lotz

PS. There is limited information availabe if you review offers sent other than considering or expired. I've received offers from buyers in the past that expired(item rolled over) and buyers needed to re-request.

Message 6 of 8
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

... tumbling tumbleweed 😎

Message 7 of 8
latest reply

Oh well, I ended up messaging the buyer and they made the offer again 😃

Message 8 of 8
latest reply