Item Location and "Ship from" on packing list do not match. VAT conflict as a result.

I am a Canadian seller who ships from Europe. All listings have the item location as Europe, yet in the past few weeks I have noticed European customers being charged VAT. I have not had the time to look into this yet, but today I noticed that when I print a packing slip, the "Ship from" location is my Canadian address. I cannot find how to correct this so help would be much apprecaited. I assume correcting this will also correct the incorrectly applied VAT.

Cheers,

Barna

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Item Location and "Ship from" on packing list do not match. VAT conflict as a result.

You should be able to change your 'ship from' location in your account settings so that should change the address on your packing slip...hopefully.  But I suspect that won't affect your VAT issue.

As I'm sure you know VAT is a sales tax, not an import tax. From July 1 eBay is required to charge VAT to EU customers.   Is VAT already included in your pricing and if so, is someone paying that tax to the EU? 

I'm really not familiar with how it works if the product is coming from the EU but this page might give you more info.

https://www.ebay.ca/help/selling/selling/vat-obligations-eu?id=4650

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Re: Item Location and "Ship from" on packing list do not match. VAT conflict as a result.

Thank you for your help - I'll take a look at the link.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply