My..."Your Next Payout.." - Says May 3 but supposed to be April 5

Just curious if this is just a normal thing that happens (shows the next month payout date before the current payout is even posted/completed) and will my current payout still be April 5? It did previously say April 5.

btw...I chose the monthly payout (1st Tuesday of each month) and I received my 1st MP on March 1. I have more in my available funds than what I had on March 1 so it couldn't be a minimum balance thing. If it still is going to be April 5, having the date change to May 3 before making the April 5 payout just makes things confusing.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

marnotom!
Community Member
Just guessing, but I’m thinking that everything going into the 5 April payout has been calculated and it’s just awaiting release on the first Tuesday of April, just as your March payout was released in the first payout of March. Any sales you make over the weekend and on will be covered in the May payout, which is why that’s showing up for you now.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@grandmas-great-items wrote:

Just curious if this is just a normal thing that happens (shows the next month payout date before the current payout is even posted/completed) and will my current payout still be April 5? It did previously say April 5.

btw...I chose the monthly payout (1st Tuesday of each month) and I received my 1st MP on March 1. I have more in my available funds than what I had on March 1 so it couldn't be a minimum balance thing. If it still is going to be April 5, having the date change to May 3 before making the April 5 payout just makes things confusing.

You can change any time if you need sooner. I do that for any expected store fees. 

-Lotz

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Ok Thanks...I kind of figured that's what would happen. It's just weird how the balance is still there and the payment date changes without any mention of a current payment pending for April 5. 

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

@grandmas-great-items wrote:

You can change any time if you need sooner. I do that for any expected store fees. 

-Lotz

I decided to select monthly payouts so I wouldn't have a bunch of small weekly or bi-weekly payouts for just a few sales here and there. If I ever list a bunch in the future and start having hundreds of dollars a day in sales, weekly or bi-weekly payouts would work better.

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

I've seen odd dates for both "your next" and "your last" but the actual payouts (weekly) are always done as they should (Tuesday morning).

Not sure I agree completely with @marnotom!, months ago the weekly Tuesday payouts would not include any sales after Friday (morning?) but lately even sales early on Monday are being included.

eBay said many times that there would be improvements in the processing speed and for me that seems to be true.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Thanks, I guess they just automatically change the "next payment date" for monthly payouts on the 1st of the month even though we haven't had the April 5 payout.

Of course I will find out for sure on Tuesday, April 5

Message 7 of 7
latest reply