Out of stock items relisting on their own

tyler@ebay 

As per Tyler have been asked if anyone else is seeing items relist on their own that have sold and in reality are out of stock? The only items that should relist are items with a physical balance with that actual balance. Since GTC kicked in I've had it happen with 3 one of's sold items.

-Lotz

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I ended 36 GTC items on July 31 - they were due to rollover on Aug 1.  They have not been relisted but i have been charged 36 insertion fees for them dated July 31.

When I try to call CS re account - fees/invoices I get "Call Channel Not Available"

What's up with that??

tyler@ebay

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - I want to clarify the Out of Stock feature that is active for most members:

• The Out of Stock Option allows sellers to better manage GTC inventory, while avoiding Search penalty and mitigating Standards risk (through Stockout defects).
  • If an item is Out of Stock enabled, the listing will remain active (won't end) even if the quantity of that item becomes 0. The quantity can become 0 either through purchase or by revising the item and setting quantity to 0.
  • In these cases, instead of the listing ending, it will simply be hidden from search results.
  • When you increase the quantity of the listing, it will again reappear on search results.
  • As with all GTC listings, the listing (or insertion) fees are charged every 30-day period until all of the items sell, you end the listing, or we end your listing.
  • If your listing has a quantity of 0 for the entire 30-day billing period for 3 consecutive 30-day billing periods, we end it.

You can end the listings involved if you are not planning on getting additional stock. If your account preferences were set to opt out of the Out of Stock feature and the items still did not end when they hit 0 quantity give me the item numbers and I'll report it as a potential technical issue.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 3 of 6
latest reply

@lucitabby wrote:

I ended 36 GTC items on July 31 - they were due to rollover on Aug 1.  They have not been relisted but i have been charged 36 insertion fees for them dated July 31.

When I try to call CS re account - fees/invoices I get "Call Channel Not Available"

What's up with that??

tyler@ebay

Hi @lucitabby - there was a technical issue that incorrectly billed insertion fees on items that should have renewed on the 1st of August. If you were charged fees for these you will receive a credit by the end of this week. 

The error you received seems very unusual - was that when you called or when you selected that reason in the help section?

Tyler,
eBay
Message 4 of 6
latest reply

It was when I selected that reason in the help section.

"The error you received seems very unusual - was that when you called or when you selected that reason in the help section?"

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Thanks Tyler.  I will watch for this credit.  Just maybe, I won't have to call CSgrin

"Hi @lucitabby - there was a technical issue that incorrectly billed insertion fees on items that should have renewed on the 1st of August. If you were charged fees for these you will receive a credit by the end of this week. "

Message 6 of 6
latest reply