Promoted fees higher then what I set it for

I just analyzed my first promotion and I had it set at 5% for 2 weeks on all of my listings. I sold 52 promoted items. 18 of those were between 7%-10%. 4 of the 52 were over 10% each of fees being charged. The other 30 were at 6%. Is there something I am missing here? I did not get charged 5% once. They were all above my set rate. I would call but the call centre is especially useless right now and the sales person who sold me on promoted listing is not very forthcoming since she needs me to continue to use promoted listing in order for her to get paid. I don’t trust her anymore. Any other seller take the time to actually review the fees charged and noticed these huge discrepancies?
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Promoted listings are charged on the full transaction amount, including shipping and tax. If you go to Payments and click on All Transactions (on the side on desktop), then click on one of the ones that says Ad Fee Standard it'll give you an exact breakdown.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Promoted listings are charged on the full transaction amount, including shipping and tax. If you go to Payments and click on All Transactions (on the side on desktop), then click on one of the ones that says Ad Fee Standard it'll give you an exact breakdown.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

https://www.facebook.com/eBayForBusiness/ — Message button in upper right on landing page.
https://twitter.com/askebay?lang=en

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/How-do-I-contact-Customer-Support/m-p/32016431#M1783851 -> Automated Assistant, type AGENT -> enter. You will then get more options.

The social media Chat accounts are covered by trained eBay employees with some authority.
And you get a transcript so you can compare what you heard with what you were told.

That last can be a problem since we all prefer to hear ourselves told we were right.

With a transcript, that is less likely.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Hello,

I know when I go to use Promoted Listings there is a suggested amount that automatically populates.  When I go to change the amount to my desired Promoted Listing it will revert back to the suggested amount.  I usually have to wait 2 seconds before amending the suggested limit so that my limit will take otherwise it will revert back to the suggested amount.  If your moving quickly you can miss this change espcially if adjusting the promoted amount is the last thing you do right before you hit list which is right below.

Hopefully this helps.  All the best.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

My fault!  I misunderstood.  Thank you all for your help.  That was really useful stuff. 

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

To clarify, I was doing the math on the items only, and not the total sale. 

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Well, although the fees were higher than expected it sounds like the campaign was successful in that it generated quite a lot of sales.

Be very careful with their Dynamic PL pricing scheme. If you do use it be sure to set a maximum rate you're comfortable with.

Really for peace of mind I prefer to use the other pricing method, set a static rate that remains fixed from day to day and week to week.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply