Reminder regarding Promoted Listings and how they will work in the future.

For anyone relying on Promoted Listings please see attached dot com  discussion and how it relates to the haloing of those promoted listings. The change kicks in "momentarily".

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/New-Promoted-Listing-Rules-are-now-in-effect-Halo/m-p/33657128...

It will be interesting to see how many sellers adjust their strategies because of these changes. All I know for me is that my eBay traffic is steadily decreasing. Unless you promote, will you be found going forward?

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1680202530355.pnglotzofuniquegoodies_1-1680202583846.png

-Lotz

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Wow, those external ones are a high percentage of total views. My percentage is much lower than that. I have always thought external views were mostly linked to external PL placements, if true those represent a lot of potential fees.

Will be trying my own version of ricarmic's approach. I had been blanket promoting everything, will see how it goes.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

I'm probably going to leave things as-is for a month and see what effect the changes actually have. I'll then adjust the promoted listings percentage depending on what I find (likely down).

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Followup explanation/ad to original discussion:

How does eBay Ads create a more satisfying and successful shopping experience? It’s in the data | Sponsored Content

This article was contributed by eBay Ads.

Article  |  Mar 30, 2023

-Lotz
Message 4 of 7
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

For anyone relying on Promoted Listings please see attached dot com  discussion and how it relates to the haloing of those promoted listings. The change kicks in "momentarily".

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Selling/New-Promoted-Listing-Rules-are-now-in-effect-Halo/m-p/33657128...

It will be interesting to see how many sellers adjust their strategies because of these changes. All I know for me is that my eBay traffic is steadily decreasing. Unless you promote, will you be found going forward?

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1680202530355.pnglotzofuniquegoodies_1-1680202583846.png

-Lotz

@kawartha-ephemera 

1 week later comparison. Same promotions still running.

lotzofuniquegoodies_0-1680817015240.png

lotzofuniquegoodies_2-1680817202107.png

-Lotz

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

As you probably recall previously 100% of my items were promoted.

Because of this, I decided to turn it off for the "2023" listed items, so I have 153 out of 4534 items NOT promoted. (so 3.4% are not promoted). OOOPS I thought this was a small number and discovered I forgot to turn it off for .CA so only the .COM newbies were not promoted for this review.

Of the last 25 sales:

50% of sales incurred promoted fees

55% of items sold incurred promoted fees.

The % of sales very surprisingly to me remains around 50% same as was the case with the old promoted style.

The items sold is noticeably 100% in a multi item transaction, which would be expected now because 97% of my items are promoted, so if one's promoted in a multi item sale, they'll all be.

I'm still very surprised I'm only paying promoted fees on 50%ish either way when "everything" is promoted!!

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

Interesting commentary, but I feel the full effects may not have become apparent yet. The new policy has been in effect for only 1 week. 

Message 7 of 7
latest reply