Removal of factually inaccurate feedback?

I had a buyer leave a neutral feedback warning customers away from me as a seller due to "extremely high shipping" and package taking two weeks to arrive. Tracking shows it was purchased on the 19th, and arrived the 29th, and costs are literally what it takes to send a package tracked and insured from Canada to the US (and were what was stated on the listing). What are my options beyond requesting a revision? Can eBay remove feedback if it's obvious from the Tracking that the feedback contains false/misleading information? 

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Go there and decribe the situation. https://www.ebay.com/sellerhelp/feedback

Image2.jpg

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

Go to your feedback page and reply to the feedback with, "Tracking shows it was purchased on the 19th, and arrived the 29th, and costs are literally what it takes to send a package tracked and insured from Canada to the US".

Doubt you'll get a removal. If buying, and I checked, your reply would satisfy me.

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Looks like you've had it removed which is great since I don't see it now.

Most times eBay will remove it when asked if you can prove it is inaccurate, untrue or offensive.

Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Thank you! Shockingly fast removal for reasons of factual inaccuracy and misleading information. Pleasantly surprised how fast it happened given the number of these complaints eBay must regularly receive.
Message 5 of 14
latest reply

Yup, I've had a negative removed for inaccurate information. Buyer accused me of selling expired skincare, when the product was clearly not expired (I even written confirmation from the manufacturer, which they didn't ask for). I think they just took my word for it. Thankfully the buyer didn't try to file an INAD.
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

You probably had it removed because a buyer cannot leave a negative about delivery time if it was delivered before estimate delivery date. It's against feedback policies. 

Message 7 of 14
latest reply

"Tracking shows it was purchased on the 19th, and arrived the 29th, and costs are literally what it takes to send a package tracked and insured from Canada to the US"

Would not leave a reply like this personally. Wording sounds passive agressive. 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

phc64
Community Member

What I fail to comprehend is why eBay permits buyers to leave negative or neutral feedback without ever having contacted the seller about the issue.

Message 9 of 14
latest reply

Maybe snowflakes... They can call mom or the police if they are upset.

What is aggressive about it?

Should "literally" be removed?

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

I don't know the way it's worded would sound to me like you're going against your buyer instead of being neutral.

I just noticed it was just a copy paste of what the seller wrote in his first post anyway. So i'm not wrong that it sounded like a wording with some emotions.

Better leave no reply than one potentially giving a vibe that you are against your buyers, instead of working for them. Replies stays, it's important to be cautious about the image it'll give to your store. 

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

Tracking shows it was purchased on the 19th, and arrived the 29th, and costs are literally what it takes to send a package tracked and insured from Canada to the US

Yes.

"Literally" is what makes the quote aggressive.

Remember that what can be said in one context (the OP was complaining to their peers) can take on unwanted nuances in other contexts, even if the words are correct.

"Purchased on 19th,  delivered 29th. We charged exact cost for tracked and insured  Canada Post parcel. "

Off topic: What do you think postal insurance would protect you from?  Would you do better with an insurance company like Hugh Wood International which specializes in collectibles, including personal collections, fire and water damage, transit insurance, and show insurance/shop theft insurance?

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

"Remember..."

Gee, I never would've known that.

Thanks for the English lesson.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

I'm a writer and editor by trade.

And just back from When Words Collide, the Calgary -based writer's conference.

And the internet still needs a sarcasm font. How about Comic Sans?

Message 14 of 14
latest reply