Return Label

I accepted a return from a buyer. A while back I had another return request but I was able to upload an ebay shipping label.

Is that only available for U.S. to U.S. returns? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Return Label

Is this a Return where your obligation is to pay return postage due to a case of Significantly Not As Described?

There is a way to print a Return label for Canadians and US buyers via Shippo.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Return Label

Is your buyer in the USA? You have to send him a USPS Return Shipping Label.

He can't use a Canada Post one.

HOWEVER:

I assume you already have a Canada Post Small Business Solutions account.

Now.

Go to Shippo and open an account with them (if you don't already have one).

Take your time.

You need your SBS number to sign up.

On the list of shippers available through Shippo is :  USPS!!

Tah! Dah!

You'll need this:

https://postcalc.usps.com/?country=10440

and the weight and dimensions of your original parcel. *

From there you can buy a USPS label using your buyer's name as the sender and your own as the recipient.

Remember to use a tracked service.

Scootch over to Shape and Size on the website and scroll down to the bottom** where you will find First Class International Parcel.

That's usually the cheapest tracked service, but compare prices and services on general principles.

Send the pdf of the mailing label to your buyer.

I've done it and I'm a technodolt.

So it works.

*Hmm- if you've been doing it right, you will have metric measurements because Canada Post went metric in 1974 and everything else is guesswork.

But USPS usually uses Imperial measures. You'll need to convert.

** Unlike Canada Post, USPS gives the most expensive service first.

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

Return Label

It's an item not as described. Buyer is in Canada.

So I'll use the shippo method for any future U.S. returns

Just wondering about a Canadian return.

Thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

Return Label

The Shippo method described above also works for Canadians and your carrier of choice.

But you can always just buy a label with the addresses reversed since you know what they are. Instruct the buyer to return the item in the box in which it was shipped exactly as it was shipped and therefore you also know weight and dimensions.
Message 5 of 9
latest reply

Return Label

Is shippo any cheaper than Canada Post? Thanks.

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

Return Label

Know what I mean? Just buy the label you did last time but switch the addresses so the buyer can send it to you instead. All the package data remains the same.

Return labels really only get tricky when the parcel originates in a foreign country. That’s the reason Shippo being useful for at least USPS is a major bonus.
Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Return Label

Shippo is the same price as what you’d get with your Solutions for Small Business discount. Its chief advantage is that all data is transferred automatically to eBay when you use it instead of having to manually upload after Snap Ship through CPC.
Message 8 of 9
latest reply

Return Label

eBay does send a return label only if both seller and buyer are in the US so  if you are responsible for paying return shipping, you'll have to do that through Shippo as other posters mentioned.

Message 9 of 9
latest reply