Sale cancelled by eBay, Buyer No longer Registered. Item sitting in "awaiting shipment"

byto253
Community Member

eBay cancelled  a sale for safety reasons and de-registered the buyer - no problem with that.   I got a message telling me that and to not ship, and that I can relist.

What is odd is that my listing has been totally deleted so I can't relist or sell similar, but the sale is still sitting in "awaiting shipment" with instructions to ship by Ship by Oct 24.  The  payment is still being processed and has not been refunded to the buyer so I assume that the "awaiting shipment" status will go away when that happens.  But I am leery of the autobots!

This is a first for me, appreciate feedback from others who have had this happen if this is the usual routine. 

Message 1 of 9
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sale cancelled by eBay, Buyer No longer Registered. Item sitting in "awaiting shipment"

Mine was a bit different from yours.

I followed the wording in the note exactly*.

I relisted (but it was later on when my next batch went up) with no problems.

I had not shipped and I never marked as shipped or anything, eventually it disappeared on its own and as far as I know, they never even took the money back again, I think it was something like a $12 item. 

*This is what my note said:

Here’s what you should do

• Don’t complete the sale or ship the item to BUYER if you haven’t done so yet.
  • Don’t communicate any further with BUYER, especially if they get in touch with you outside of eBay. 
  • If BUYER requests a payment or refund, don’t send any money without contacting eBay first. If payment was processed, a refund has not been issued yet just in case you’ve already shipped the item.
  • If you already sent the item, contact the shipper to find out if you can stop the delivery and have the item returned to you.
  • If your listing has ended, you can relist your item.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Mine was a bit different from yours.

I followed the wording in the note exactly*.

I relisted (but it was later on when my next batch went up) with no problems.

I had not shipped and I never marked as shipped or anything, eventually it disappeared on its own and as far as I know, they never even took the money back again, I think it was something like a $12 item. 

*This is what my note said:

Here’s what you should do

• Don’t complete the sale or ship the item to BUYER if you haven’t done so yet.
  • Don’t communicate any further with BUYER, especially if they get in touch with you outside of eBay. 
  • If BUYER requests a payment or refund, don’t send any money without contacting eBay first. If payment was processed, a refund has not been issued yet just in case you’ve already shipped the item.
  • If you already sent the item, contact the shipper to find out if you can stop the delivery and have the item returned to you.
  • If your listing has ended, you can relist your item.
Message 2 of 9
latest reply

Perfect, I was hoping to hear from someone who had this happen.  I got the same instructions, followed them, and will just leave things alone.    

Question, did your old listing dissapear when it was cancelled. 

I created a new listing from scratch, which was a bit of a pain since I do my photo cropping and editing on site so just have copies of the raw photos.  But the relist sold in 15 minutes, so it is all good!!!    

Message 3 of 9
latest reply

I don't remember maybe, it isn't a big deal for me to do my stuff from scratch so that part wouldn't have been a big deal....

Message 4 of 9
latest reply

I had this happen to me recently. eBay said they cancelled the sale & the buyer was no longer registered. But the payment had already gone through. It was never refunded to the buyer. So I sent the parcel with tracking. It showed delivered & I never heard anything else after that.

Message 5 of 9
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

@ricarmic  and @2nd-time-around-jewelry  no refund from the sale from both of you.  Odd as legally eBay can't keep those funds -  I suspect that eBay refunded the buyer directly and it is a cost of them doing business.  

Message 6 of 9
latest reply

I had multiple sales with buyer no longer registered recently but never received any message by ebay personally. One i waited until buyer claimed INR (no idea how he did, since he was not covered). This same buyer made another account to purchase the same items, he contacted me prior, and this time i shipped. No issue. I contacted ebay tho and they told me i could cancel if i'm unconfortable to ship. So you can cancel. Just select problem with adress to have no defect.

In your situation i would 100% not ship. If you received a message telling you to not ship, this buyer is most likely banned for scams or abuses. 

Message 7 of 9
latest reply

Did not ship, and when I relisted it sold in 20 mintues.  Never try to figure it out 🙂 

Message 8 of 9
latest reply

byto253
Community Member

I contacted eBay about the item they cancelled still sitting in my "waiting to ship" list.  Their direction is to cancel it as  "buyer asked to cancel".  What I wanted was for eBay to make it go away since they did the cancellation for safety 

The message header is "We canceled a sale for your security"   and the message indicates "We wanted to let you know that a bid or order for the listing below was canceled because of an issue with the buyer’s account:"

My options to cancel are "buyer asked to cancel" or "issue with address"  I never like making up reasons like this.  Seems like this should be taken care of when eBay cancelled the sale, the buyer and the listing. 

Message 9 of 9
latest reply