Scam or not?

OK.  Have not run into this before.  I have a buyer who purchased 4 identical items.  Didn't ask for a discount or a combined shipping option.  I go into the dtails and find that each item has a different mailing address.  According to ebay the items are all paid for and I should ship.  Is this buyer using me to drop ship or is there something more afoot?  The long and short is that I have been paid and am leery still.....  Any experience with this? Thanks

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Scam or not?

marnotom!
Community Member
What’s the value of the item?

Is the item being shipped domestically or internationally? What shipping method are you using?
Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Scam or not?

$40 plus shipping and all are going to the states.  I use small packet air through Canada Post and USPS

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Scam or not?

marnotom!
Community Member

I don't see a huge red flag waving for a $40 item.  It may be someone drop-shipping or just sharing a terrific eBay find with some friends.  If you're wanting a modest amount of protection against a fraudulent claim of non-delivery, make sure you enter the "UR" package identification code for tracking information.  I'm not sure if this code would be any help in the event of an unauthorized transaction dispute, though.

Does the buyer look pretty established, i.e. they make pretty regular purchases on eBay and have been registered on the site for a while?

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Scam or not?

1.) At one point, Paypal offered Gift Addresses --that is you could add addresses to your PP account and then send .... welll..... gifts to your gramma?

2.) He is dropshipping, using you and your (cheap) items as his supplier. EBay frowns on this, but to me it means your items are priced below market and this is an opportunity to put my contact info in the package.

Either of these are no great problem for you.

He pays.

You ship.

You could if you wish, Message him today (Sunday) and politely ask if there is an error with the addresses because you offer combined, discounted shipping for a single address.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply