Some of my tracking numbers are missing!

I just got an item not recieved claim and went to check the tracking on my orders page. It's missing! Then I noticed quite a few of my orders are missing the tracking ID. When I went to add the tracking number manually it was already there ready to be saved without me inputing anything.

Anyone else having this?

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

This is one of the most recent discussions on the topic. I believe it is still a work in progress waiting on a solution. The tracking should be there...Just hidden. Best not to hit enter or that will cause tracking to show as shipment processed with a new date.

Tracking numbers disappearing. Again. - The eBay Canada Community

-Lotz

tyler@ebay 

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

This has been an ongoing, off and on issue effecting some members.  It's happened to me twice.....several weeks ago and then again very recently.

Since only a small number of people were complaining i started to wonder if it was a browser issue....not what browser you view it on but what browser you originally enter the tracking number on.   I have been using IE but recently entereed tracking numbers using Microsoft Edge (which is like Google Chrome).  Thus far the most recent tracking numbers entered have not disappeared....so maybe it was a browser issue.

As Lotz stated, the trackng numbers that are missing are still lurking somewhere on Ebay for sure because some of my items with missing tracking numbers show the status as 'Delivered'.   So the tracking is there, you just can't see it.

DO NOT re-enter the tracking number or even click 'save'.  All that does is make it look like you shipped the package late, because it changes the shipping date to the date you re-entered the tracking.

Try entering future tracking numbers with a different browser or different device and see if that solves the problem going forward.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

@fergua3 wrote:

This has been an ongoing, off and on issue effecting some members.  It's happened to me twice.....several weeks ago and then again very recently.

Since only a small number of people were complaining i started to wonder if it was a browser issue....not what browser you view it on but what browser you originally enter the tracking number on.   I have been using IE but recently entereed tracking numbers using Microsoft Edge (which is like Google Chrome).  Thus far the most recent tracking numbers entered have not disappeared....so maybe it was a browser issue.

As Lotz stated, the trackng numbers that are missing are still lurking somewhere on Ebay for sure because some of my items with missing tracking numbers show the status as 'Delivered'.   So the tracking is there, you just can't see it.

DO NOT re-enter the tracking number or even click 'save'.  All that does is make it look like you shipped the package late, because it changes the shipping date to the date you re-entered the tracking.

Try entering future tracking numbers with a different browser or different device and see if that solves the problem going forward.

There is also no pattern to the tracking fields that are updated by Shippo automatically. Some shipments show as delivered with the correct delivery date. Others show as processed in eBay but delivered at CP over 8 days ago. Others show  no update on page but delivered when you click on tracking link. Same goes for UR manually entered tracking showing as either delivered or not updated even though they have been delivered. When I check my performance in Sellers Hub for USA it shows 15 of 15 for Tracking uploaded on time and validated so appears fields are tripping over each other with the various actual available information. (Majority of those would be Small Packet USA Air.)

Small packet air still updates(first official scan) in the USA after 4 or 5 days.

Tracked/Expedited tracking to USA (Entered by Shippo) are slow to update middle scans 

-Lotz

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

Thanks for the tag @lotzofuniquegoodies 

There's currently an open ticket with this, and the tech team is working on it. 

@fergua3 is correct that this is a display issue only - the tracking is still recorded in the order details (where it counts), but to their point, do not re-upload or click 'save', as that will reset the tracking upload date and potentially impact your metrics. 

If your account is impacted please consider contacting CS and requesting that they add you to the open ticket (ALERT13130). They will need:

Your selling id

The Buyer's id

The tracking #

A screenshot (if possible)

I recommend contacting CS via social media (Twitter and Facebook) on this one - you can send a private message with the information tech needs, and move on with your day. No hold music necessary. 

Tyler,
eBay
Message 5 of 5
latest reply