Tangerine Not Supported Error

Yesterday, which was Tuesday, I was expecting to receive the routine "we sent your payout" email. Didn't happen, what they did send me though was an "unable to verify account details" no payout for you kind of blurb.

Upon checking out their resolution process they offered three options.
1. Login to bank account
2. Micro deposits or
3. Forward an account statement, it was stated this option may take several weeks to be reviewed.

Option 1 seemed the obvious choice so I did that. I was presented with a list of banks, scrolled down and selected Tangerine. The first two login steps went perfectly, the third and final step did not. In place of a successful login I got the "unsupported bank" error.

So, now I'm giving option 2 a shot, I've requested the micro deposits.

If those deposits don't arrive I'll not bother with option 3.

Until now, they've sent a payout to my Tangerine account every Tuesday since April of 2021. Ķind of disappointing.
Message 1 of 62
latest reply
61 REPLIES 61

Re: Tangerine Not Supported Error

@kimedez wrote:

I just wanted to add that I had the same "we do not support this bank" error trying to add my tangerine, and I contacted ebay support through their text chat as told in the previous post and they seems to have fixed my issue. The agent I spoke to told me there was a block on "my bank" which i'm guessing is Tangerine. He said he escalated the issue up and asked for an unblock, and said in 24h i should be able to add my tangerine account to my ebay. Fingers crossed!

You might get lucky but I'm skeptical, there has been a problem with Tangerine for anyone trying to use it. Some of the early sign ups to Managed Payments were able to use Tangerine but it's been 2 or 3 since that was happening.

As for why, nobody really knows other than it seems to be related to Tangerine's routing numbers.

The easiest thing is to open an account with Simplii, they offer the same type of free chequing accounts and they definitely work and work fatastically, my payouts arrive at the same day in my Simplii account without fail.

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 61 of 62
latest reply

Re: Tangerine Not Supported Error

Are you being given advise, such as providing a different account?  There has been a pretty steady number of posts and topics about Tangerine having issues with managed payments, so it is likely a good idea to move away from Tangerine either way.  

Message 62 of 62
latest reply