Unable to List / Update in the Trading Card Category

Hello,

I am unable to revise or update any existing listings in the trading card categories.  I am also unable to list new items in the trading card categories.  I get the message "something went wrong, please try again in a moment" Unfortunately multiple attempts yield the same message.

It appears it is limited to the trading card categories as I am able to update and list new items in other categories.  Anyone else experiencing this issue?  

Thank you for your time

Message 1 of 20
latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Re: Unable to List / Update in the Trading Card Category

Having the same issue but in the Comic Book category. I'm sure the nice folks at eBay will rectify the situation shortly ; )

Message 2 of 20
latest reply

same issue,did you fix it?

Message 3 of 20
latest reply

Possibly related -- see this thread on the US discussion boards:

https://community.ebay.com/t5/Share-eBay-Technical-Issues/It-looks-like-there-s-a-problem-with-this-...

Try changing your "Condition" item-specific to "used".

Message 4 of 20
latest reply

Hello,

Thank you for this thread link and suggestion.   

Changing the item condition to used does work.  Leaving it has "-" is still an option however if you choose it you will not be able to revise or list new cards.  Also still a little vexed on how a single card pulled from a fresh pack is classified as used but that is the only option to use for listing / revising trading cards. Oh Well Onward and upward.

Have a great day everyone.

Message 5 of 20
latest reply

In the Comics categories there is no "Used" option for condition. They have the same options as in the Books category (which really does NOT apply to comic grading standards). So the options available are "Brand New" "Like New" "Very Good" "Good" and "Acceptable". Anyway, I went through and tried choosing all options and each one still does not allow me to revise. This is getting VERY frustrating!!

Message 6 of 20
latest reply

@kosmic64 wrote:

In the Comics categories there is no "Used" option for condition. They have the same options as in the Books category (which really does NOT apply to comic grading standards). So the options available are "Brand New" "Like New" "Very Good" "Good" and "Acceptable". Anyway, I went through and tried choosing all options and each one still does not allow me to revise. This is getting VERY frustrating!!

The goal seems to be to mess (       ) up as many categories as possible. I don't believe they are done yet!!

-Lotz

Message 7 of 20
latest reply

Exact same issue...this is getting frustrating. I will try and put my Mint sealed wax or unopened packs as USED and see what happens. 

Message 8 of 20
latest reply

Yes I am.   I'm so close to getting off ebay it's not even funny.  It's like they do everything in their power to drive sellers away.  They don't even reply to messages.  They are the epitome of bereft, in terms of being a company that looks after the ones who make it work.

Message 9 of 20
latest reply

jakoll
Community Member

The only choice I get for listing trading cards is USED. How stupid is that? If I have a sealed pack to sell it's going to 'slightly ' confuse the buyer if I have to mark it as used. EBay, will you kindly get on the ball and fix this.

Message 10 of 20
latest reply

tyler@ebay-- another for the bug fix list

Message 11 of 20
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for the tag @ypdc_dennis!

@edubb101@jakoll@red27pete@kosmic64@theno1cardcastle@izmuny99 : this is an ongoing technical issue that is being worked on. 

If you are able to get me a screenshot of the error you receive as well as your selling id (if it is different from your posting id) I can get you added to the open ticket. 

Thanks!   

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 20
latest reply

kosmic64_0-1626283945466.png

Here is a screenshot of the error message. My selling ID is the same as posting. Thanks!!

Message 13 of 20
latest reply

@jakoll 

@jakoll wrote:

The only choice I get for listing trading cards is USED. How stupid is that? If I have a sealed pack to sell it's going to 'slightly ' confuse the buyer if I have to mark it as used. EBay, will you kindly get on the ball and fix this.

If you have a sealed pack and use sealed pack as the category, then you will have the option to choose new.  If you list under the single cards category then used is the only option.

Message 14 of 20
latest reply

@izmuny99 

If you list your mint sealed wax or unopened packs in the correct category rather than in the single trading card category, there are options other than used.

Message 15 of 20
latest reply

@pjcdn2005 wrote:

@izmuny99 

If you list your mint sealed wax or unopened packs in the correct category rather than in the single trading card category, there are options other than used.

Probably difficult to identify cards (describe them accurately) without opening the package and then list them individually for those buyers that may be looking for particular cards. If you list them as a sealed package they divert to basically an unknown(mystery) value.

-Lotz

Message 16 of 20
latest reply

Hi Tyler, 

I am in a similar position as the rest of the people in this thread, however, I can't even get the error message to come up. My selling ID is bigjohn1961-123.

I hope this issue is fixed quickly.

All the best,

John

Message 17 of 20
latest reply

@kosmic64 wrote:

kosmic64_0-1626283945466.png

Here is a screenshot of the error message. My selling ID is the same as posting. Thanks!!

Thanks @kosmic64

Tyler,
eBay
Message 18 of 20
latest reply

Reminds me of a part of a poem that I paraphrased and sent to eBay support:

Who is in charge of the clattering train?

The axles creak, and the couplings strain.

Ten minutes behind at the Junction. Yes!

And we’re twenty now to the bad—no less!

At every mile we a minute must gain!

Who is in charge of the clattering train?

For the pace is hot, and the points are near,

And Sleep hath deadened the executive’s ear;

And signals flash through the night in vain.

eBay is in charge of the clattering train!

Round and round and round we go.....

salvadord_0-1626294846395.png

Message 19 of 20
latest reply

OUTSTANDING!  A HUMEROUS, TONGUE IN CHEEK, EXCELLENT CRITICISM TYPICAL IN FACT OF MOST BIG COMPANIES.

Message 20 of 20
latest reply