Using Seller Hub, our new reality on eBay

Using Seller Hub….

Not able to Opt out….  Seller Hub is eBay’s only option starting July 2, 2018

Seller Hub has been my eBay option for most of June.

The many options on eBay before Seller Hub are spread across this first Overview page…Plus several new options.

Some of the words may be different for Seller Hub… such as Orders versus Sales Record.  If the meaning of the word is not clear…. Click and find out where you will go…

In the upper left corner of the Overview page we have  Overview, Orders, Listings, Marketing and Performance.

The first line --- Time to Update Your Listings -----  For me this is the ISBN  for books           ---- All of my listings have a correct ISBN… no problem here. 

---  If there is a problem  with a listing  it should show up here….  Not tested by me! 

--- This … Update Your Listings … option also shows on the Active listings page… For me with books this is the ISBN … Requires product updates 

The first step with Seller Hub was to customize the Overview page.  The order of each part of the Overview page is based on priority… the order of “need to use”

The customize button is at the upper right corner of this overview page.  Click Custiomize and a seller can change the order of each group of items on this Overview page.

My rows on this Overview page became  -----

Row 1, left to right-----

(1) Orders… This is sales

(2) Listings …. Active, unsold and more

(3) Selling Tools ---  a link to the store, Paypal, Manage Store, and more…..

Row 2, left to right

(4) Shortcuts --- easy to access

(5) Seller Level ----  Click the arrow… > …  and this takes one to the Dashboard

(6) Account Summary ---- Click the arrow …  > … and this takes one to the Seller Account …..  invoices pages

Row 3, left to right

(7) Feedback ---  Click the arrow … > … and this takes one to the Feedback page

(8) Sales --- The total for sales is a sum of price of the item sold plus the cost of shipping.   This appears to be the only value shown for Sales…

(9) Selling Announcements --- eBay announcements for sellers

Row 4, left to right

(10) Promotional offers ---  Usually not for me, but others may find this important….

(11) Tasks --- self evident

(12) Traffic -----View the Performance area,  (Top of this Overview page) where Traffic is entry number 4

Row 5, left to tight

(13) Sales --- Comparisons

(14) Personalize your Overview page …..  Add, remove and reorder content on this Overview page----  Click here and you are taken to the Customize Tab at the top right of the Overview page.

Nothing has been deleted from the Overview page. This page is presented as viewed when the Seller Hub was first seen. My most important parts are at the top of this page in Row 1  and then Row 2…  This might change….  But for now this is my Overview page.

This is Seller Hub for me….   I am still in a learning mode.

Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Re: Using Seller Hub, our new reality on eBay

Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoever that idiots remove the ability for us to put tracking numbers on our sold items.  There are no where we can do that!  Even with PayPal Shipping, they are not automatic to include tracking numbers on our sold items.  It is very important to keep that intact but no those idiots remove them or was it moved to somewhere?  eBay is now becoming more and more insane.

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

I am confused as to why I can not get directly to my listings by scrolling under the "My eBay" to "selling".  I get a muddled man made overview of my ebay account.  Then I have to search for the correct lead to get to the listings.  If I can not go directly to the scroll item I want please delete this function and take me to the overview I did not want.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

I am using Shippo for the majority of my shipments. It appears that the system is automatically adding the tracking details on the MANAGE ALL ORDERS page of SELLERS HUB. It does give me the option to edit  tracking if that is required. Not sure if you are using Paypal for shipping if it ports the information automatically or not. Hope that will work in your particular situation. 

-CM 

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

There are two places to add the tracking number....

(1) On the Orders page --- immediately below the title of the item purchased.....  same as before in relation to a transaction

(2) Click that very small arrow, under the Actions column, and to the left of a transaction title of the item sold..Click View Record  for a transaction towards the end of this list,  on the Orders page ---  The option for ... Add Tracking number ...  is found towards the end of this ...Record page .... associated with ....  Shipping Information

These two positions for adding a tracking number have not changed.

With a multiple purchase Option 2 will allow for the addition of the tracking number for each item included in  the multiple purchase.

--------------------------

The basics for a sales record have not changed...   the name order is new 

Names may have changed... but the basic content for a seller has not changed..... and can be found on Seller Hub 

Go to the Overview page  and click each line to see where it takes you..... Learn where specific   information is located...

Message 5 of 10
latest reply

Clicking on ... My eBay ......may take you to the Overview Page.

Click on Orders at the top of the page and this will take you to a list of all transactions,  with many options on the left navigation column for this Orders page 

-------------------------------------------

The key to learning how to use Seller Hub is to click and learn where that click of a word or series of words will take you.

I did this when I learned Manager/Manager Pro..... that was eBay's last change

--------------------------------

Learning how to use Seller Hub is like learning how to skate or to ski downhill.... 

Learn the right way to do it....  a way that is specific for what each seller wants to do 

We have to learn how to dance through all of the links on Seller Hub

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

My Windows 10 is set up with a line of headings across the top of  all pages that are viewed by me....  Each heading has a series of bookmarks that link to specific pages 

Under the  .... eBay heading  is a link to .... My eBay....  the ....Manage all Orders ...page for Seller hub.   This is my list of all transactions on eBay.

Learning how to set up links and shortcuts is a part of learning how to use a computer in a very effective manner.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

I see with a bit more time exploring Sellers Hub we still have a broken Calculate Shipping tab on the  Active listings page. Clicking on it brings you to a dot com page (below) with your original listing information, weights and measurements ported over in the incorrect format. If, for example for your original listing you used 36 cm x 20 cm x 19 cm's it ported over 36 inches x 20 inches x 19 inches. For weights if you inputted 2 Kg 800 grams it ported over 2 lb 800 oz. It recognizes a US zip code but not a Canadian  postal code. Add US information and it gives you USPS,  Fedex and USP shipping options and then proceeds to advise you that you have not selected any shipping services. These particular observations were pointed out  previously APRIL 2018  when the NEW/REVISED Selling Manager was released along with Sellers Hub. It appears the same tool was added to Sellers Hub and also never fixed. Really not sure why a tool designed for dot com would be built into a dot ca Sellers Hub page???

-CM

PS. Generic Link attached

http://www.ebay.com/shp/Calculator?isOrder=false&parentPageName=ListingConsoleActive&itemId

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

It seems we can point out defective pages as described above all we want, very difficult to getting any sort of a resolution or actual follow up in a timely manner, if at all.

-CM
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Many people do not realize how different eBay Canada can be from eBay US.

or more specifically... 

Sellers in Canada compared to sellers in the US and what, and how both groups sell on ebay

Message 10 of 10
latest reply