Zombie threads and archiving: an update

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Howdy everyone -

As you can undoubtedly tell from the slew of replies many of you got, and the boards getting all cattywampus,I've been working on locking out zombie threads. 

The tool that I've mentioned in the past that is supposed to help with the archiving process hasn't yet been implemented, and I know how much of a pain necro-threads are for everyone.

I've gone through and done a search for anything you've posted as a zombie thread, but it's a little spotty. You are always able to tag me and I'll receive the notification so I can work on getting those threads locked out next time I'm on.

Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Can you please let us know how to tag you? I've only ever seen the eBay staff do it, and I've never seen it explained to regular users how to do so.
Message 2 of 7
latest reply

@thestuffofchris wrote:
Can you please let us know how to tag you? I've only ever seen the eBay staff do it, and I've never seen it explained to regular users how to do so.

@thestuffofchris

@Put an @ sign in from of the eBay id you want to tag. That is the way it works on eBay.com.I do not know if this is implemented on these forums which are so old compered to eBay.com.

Post back if you get a notification, that is, at the top you will have a 1 in the Notification box and you click on the notifications to see who tagged you and what topic it is in.

Sort of like giving a kudo.

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

Welcome back Tyler, I hope you're doing well!  

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

Nope, nothing.

Tyler has tagged me before in the Weekly Chats when I've asked a question, and I got all the notifications for those, so there is clearly a way to do it here that must be different from .COM.
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Below each message here, there's a link that says "Add tag". Maybe that's it?

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

I think those are the tags you sometimes (though rarely) see at the bottom of posts. I think they are supposed to be used to better aid searches for posts, but so few people rarely add them. Usually just newbies or people adding condescending tags.

There is a way to tag another user directly in the post, but no one except the eBay staff seem to know how. Smiley Frustrated

Message 7 of 7
latest reply