ebay.com to ebay.ca - move listings from one to the other

We have all our products on Ebay.com  "xmases" as there was no ebay.ca when we first signed up.

Is there an easy way for us to transfer /  listing all of our products from ebay.com to ebay.ca ?

How do we avoid getting charged for canceling "good until cancelled" when all we want to do is transfer not cancel ?

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Most sellers went through this a few years back when we could no longer sell on dotCA in US dollars.

You can't do it easily.

You have a Store and 831 listings.

My suggestion is that every day for the next month or so, you take the listings that are about to end and relist, and Close each one.

This is the minimum time lost on your "free" listings.

You don't actually get charged for ending GTC listings, you just don't get any rebate on the unused time that month.

Then relist basically just using cut and paste.

I hope you have stored your pictures, because those cannot be transferred easily.

That's the reason I now keep a desktop file of all my scans. I always did keep a copy of my descriptions, with HTML coding,  so that went more quickly.

The advantage of this slow but steady approach is that you can actually look at each listing for errors that might have crept in.

One error I found was that while I had about 1000 listings, I actually had over 1500 items which I thought were listed. Some 500 odd had dropped off eBay without my noticing.

That led to a cull and a relist of better material.

Silver lining, I suppose.

With dotCA you will have the advantage of using Calculated Shipping which may reduce your shipping charges for some customers.

It's a big job. Best wishes.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Most sellers went through this a few years back when we could no longer sell on dotCA in US dollars.

You can't do it easily.

You have a Store and 831 listings.

My suggestion is that every day for the next month or so, you take the listings that are about to end and relist, and Close each one.

This is the minimum time lost on your "free" listings.

You don't actually get charged for ending GTC listings, you just don't get any rebate on the unused time that month.

Then relist basically just using cut and paste.

I hope you have stored your pictures, because those cannot be transferred easily.

That's the reason I now keep a desktop file of all my scans. I always did keep a copy of my descriptions, with HTML coding,  so that went more quickly.

The advantage of this slow but steady approach is that you can actually look at each listing for errors that might have crept in.

One error I found was that while I had about 1000 listings, I actually had over 1500 items which I thought were listed. Some 500 odd had dropped off eBay without my noticing.

That led to a cull and a relist of better material.

Silver lining, I suppose.

With dotCA you will have the advantage of using Calculated Shipping which may reduce your shipping charges for some customers.

It's a big job. Best wishes.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

There's a fairly simple way to do it in Turbo Lister, but that's IF you have/use it, since it's no longer available...

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Thanks for the most helpful response - very much appreciated.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Thanks so much, but we dont have turbo lister

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

It is still not easy with turbolister but it does save  the pictures and is easier than doing it otherwise. Unfortunately eBay is ending it this months while not honouring their promises to integrate it's features into seller hub. Somehow not surprising.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply