paypal payments not showing up

tangleoak
Community Member

When I go to access my paypal account for payments that were made according to Ebay, at the top it says, transaction ID invalid. Does anyone know why this is happening and what I can do about it. There are no payments showing up in my paypal, or pending payments.

Message 1 of 3
latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Is the email address in the eBay listing in the Payment section correct? If you have a misspelled email address there, your payments go nowhere.

Now if you did misspell the address, one way to recover the payment is to create the misspelled email address as an account and add the email address to one of the email addresses on you PayPal account.

This works if you can create the misspelled account name on free email sites like hotmail or gmail or any site where it is easy to create an account. If the misspelled name is already in use, then someone has the payment. Contact PayPal to see what can be done.

Message 2 of 3
latest reply

Is the email address in the eBay listing in the Payment section correct? If you have a misspelled email address there, your payments go there.

Now if you did misspell the address, one way to recover the payment is to create the misspelled email address as an account and add the email address to one of the email addresses on you PayPal account.

This works if you can create the misspelled account name on free email sites like Hotmail or gmail or any site where it is easy to create an account. If the misspelled name is already in use, then someone has the payment. Contact PayPal to see what can be done.

The payments actually go to the email address used. If the email address does not exist, then the email go nowhere.

Despite being lost in cyberspace, the payment can be recovered by adding the misspelled email address to your PayPal account. You will receive the payment but no email payment messages will be received from the sender.

Now if the misspelled email address exists, I do not know what happens if you add it to your PayPal account. I do not know if it can be added. I do not remember the procedure for adding an email address to PayPal and if it is verified.

I misspelled the email address in the sell your item form once when creating a new selling template and lost 3 payments before I noticed and recovered them by creating the misspelled email account and adding it to my PayPal account. I then bulked edited all of my listings to have the correct email address.

Message 3 of 3
latest reply