2019 Canada Post over the counter rates chart (under 2kg)

2019 Canada Post OTC2019 Canada Post OTC

Attached is an image version of the 2019 postage chart I made. Please feel free to use / print it out if you find this useful.

$1.05 is stamp rate if you're only purchasing one stamp over the counter

These are all OVER THE COUNTER rates, so if you have Solution for Small Business account (or if you print via Shippo or Paypal) you will get cheaper rates for the parcels. Definitely use Shippo/Paypal/CPC online for Tracked Packet since the saving is quite significant (at least 20% cheaper). Fuel surcharge fluctuations apply to Tracked Packet. 

For Small Packet rate, I used United Kingdom and Australia as reference since that's what I use often. As you can see, for the <250g and <500g weight bracket, depending on your international destination, it might be cheaper to use small packet air instead of letter-mail.

I did not include rates for expedited parcel, xpresspost, priority etc in the chart because the price varies greatly depending on both sender and receiver location.

Interestingly enough, most of the tracked packet rates are cheaper than 2018's! Smiley Surprised

Old 2018 rates: https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/2018-over-the-counter-Canada-Post-rates-chart-under-2kg/...

Message 1 of 14
latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Compared to the chart above, you'd notice that the Solution for Small Business Level 1 Rates are quite lower especially for Tracked Packets. Again, fuel surcharge can vary so your actual printed rates from your electronic label provider might be different. 

Use the chart at your own risk! I did double check but there could be errors... Please feel free to point them out if you notice any.

2019 Canada Post SfSB2019 Canada Post SfSB

Message 2 of 14
latest reply

@zee-chan

Thank you very much - such a helpful chart!

Message 3 of 14
latest reply

Thank you for your continuing efforts.
This is the only part of CP increases that I look forward to on an ongoing basis!
Message 4 of 14
latest reply

Much appreciated.

Message 5 of 14
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks so much for doing this @zee-chan! I hope you don't mind, but I've pinned it to the top of the Seller Central board. I figure it's something we'll all want to print out or save to our desktops, so may as well make it simple to find. At least for a month or so. 🙂

Hoping we didn't peer pressure you too much. Smiley LOL

Tyler,
eBay
Message 6 of 14
latest reply

Yup, that's fine.
Message 7 of 14
latest reply

Just bought a label on Shippo. The Tracked Packet rates I have in the table on the 2nd post are definitely rates WITHOUT fuel surcharge included. For example, my 500g package to the US is $18.62 with the fuel surcharge added. Just please keep that in mind when you are using my table for shipping estimates (add $1-2 should be good). 

Message 8 of 14
latest reply

I thought that might be the case but your estimates were/are a good starting point. Thanks for that.
Message 9 of 14
latest reply

@zee-chan wrote:

Just bought a label on Shippo. The Tracked Packet rates I have in the table on the 2nd post are definitely rates WITHOUT fuel surcharge included. ... please keep that in mind when you are using my table for shipping estimates ...

Fuel surcharges are adjusted on the first Monday of every month.

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/kb/details.page?article=fuel_surcharges_on_m

Tracked packet is currently 8% extra, on Feb 4 it will drop to 7% extra.

-..-

Message 10 of 14
latest reply

Please disregard this post. This is only for my own convenience... feel free to use my numbers if you like, just don't expect me to write new ones :penguin:sleeping

$3.12 (<200g Canada, <100g USA)
0.12 x 26
0.14 x 18 + 0.20 x 3
0.15 x 20 + 0.12 x 1
0.17 x 16 + 0.20 x 2
0.25 x 12 + 0.12 x 1
0.37 x 8 + 0.04 x 4
0.39 x 8

Message 11 of 14
latest reply

The only thing I would add is any letter (package) over 5mm and less than or equal to 20mm in thickness is considered non-standard/oversized, so it gets priced in the 100g or less category.

Ian

Message 12 of 14
latest reply

March 4: Fuel surcharge for Tracked Packet will remain unchanged at 7%

Next adjustment is April 1.

Message 13 of 14
latest reply

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 14
latest reply