CATEGORY

Anonymous
Not applicable

The eBay system really suck in a BIG WAY!!  When want to revise and change the category as the original category I used was wrong and revised it to the right category and of course I have to fill the item specifies and 12 hours, it went back to the wrong category!!  I revised over 20 items and all went back to the wrong category!!   What is up with the eBay system?  Can't it respect our choice of category especially when we choose the right category??!!  What a waste of time and time consuming only to find out the eBay system refuses to respect our choice!! 

Anyone have the same problems here?

Message 1 of 19
latest reply
18 REPLIES 18

CATEGORY

you are on the canada .ca web discussion forum, you are in the USA , you should maybe try that discussion forum.

Message 2 of 19
latest reply

CATEGORY

Yes. The problem is likely a structured data one.

I would be willing to wager your item has been matched by the Product Catalogue and it is being moved into another category without your consent.

This is a major huge sore point for me. I've written several threads about it on ebay.ca. 

Here are some:

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Updates/2016-Fall-Seller-Update/td-p/349044

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/eBay-to-Announce-2016-Fall-Seller-Release-Today/td-p/3490...

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/BEWARE-THE-BULK-EDITOR-ADDS-PRODUCT-CATALOGUE-DETAILS-TO-...

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Site-Issues/Bulk-Listing-manager-Malfunction-on-Product-Identiifers/m-p/...

http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Site-Issues/Bulk-Listing-manager-Malfunction-on-Product-Identiifers/m-p/...

and http://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Product-Catalogue-cards/td-p/349511

For the record, you can bypass (for now) the Product Catalogue overwrite if you select Does Not Apply if it's matching against the UPC and leave out the UPC but this will not stop it from putting your item into the wrong category.

This happens for some of mine. They get moved to NASCAR which is nonsense since they should all be under Disney Cars like everyone else's. 

What do you sell?

Message 3 of 19
latest reply

CATEGORY

@esclyons wrote:

you are on the Canada .ca web discussion forum, you are in the USA , you should maybe try that discussion forum.

honeybed1950 is a posting id for that eBay member. Another id is used to list their items for sale, perhaps even more eBay ids. The person behind honeybed1960 is located in Canada, Winnipeg or somewhere in Manitoba if I recall correctly. As to which site they are using to have the issue, it might be helpful if they posted if it was eBay.ca Canada or eBay.com USA.

Message 4 of 19
latest reply

CATEGORY

I might be the Winnipegger of which you are thinking, I think jtlibra and maximus are too. Mr. E is from north of us but still in Manitoba. And there are others. I thought honey was either BC or Ontario....? But definitely a Canadian user with alternative selling IDs. We need to know what category she is speaking about to know whether this is a structured data problem though.

I'd be happy to meet another Winnipegger here. Maybe honey is from Winnipeg too. We should all do coffee one day. Start a support group. Get tattoos. I dunno.

Message 5 of 19
latest reply

CATEGORY

Anonymous
Not applicable

I live in Canada and as a buyer and seller in Canada.  I use the US Id when I had ordered packages to my friend in Grand Forks ND when most US sellers won't ship them to Canada.  Thanks.

Message 6 of 19
latest reply

CATEGORY

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to live in Winnipeg nearly all my life until the new owner converted my lovely apartment building into condo and wanted $$$ 3 times more and forced us to move out.  Since I was unable to find a nice safe place in Winnipeg and too many good building in safe areas are on the 2-5 year waiting list which I cannot wait that long, so I moved to a small town in Manitoba and just love it since then.

The only thing I miss is Safeway for their fantastic Lucrene cheese, strawberry bars, London Drugs for their excellent photo lab and other few things, oh yes Costco. 

Message 7 of 19
latest reply

CATEGORY

Anonymous
Not applicable

This links not make sense for this topic.

I sell Celebrity photos and used the category: Collectibles> Photograph Images> Contemporary (1940-now)> Celebrity> Movies but wanted to change to Other Celebrity Photographs as "movies" don't match the photos I listed and no matter how many time I revised them, it still go back to "movies'!  It is on com site.

Message 8 of 19
latest reply

CATEGORY

Anonymous
Not applicable

It cannot be that my items matched Product catalog as I am the only one in the world that own the images so how the heck would eBay have that in their Product catalog???!! 

Message 9 of 19
latest reply

CATEGORY

Without seeing your listing, it's all conjecture. What I will repeat is that it doesn't matter what you're selling as much as it matters what eBay THINKS you're selling. That's structured data.
Message 10 of 19
latest reply

CATEGORY

Or this was one of the recent category changes announced. Perhaps the category you liked to use is being eliminated and replaced.
Message 11 of 19
latest reply

CATEGORY

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually eBay just add "Other Celebrity Photographs" to the category a few months ago!  It used to be "Other".   So what is the heck?

Message 12 of 19
latest reply

CATEGORY

I honestly do not know. I think that if you want to get to the bottom of it, you'll have to ask Raphael at Board Hour on Wednesday. 

Message 13 of 19
latest reply

CATEGORY

"I sell Celebrity photos and used the category: Collectibles> Photograph Images> Contemporary (1940-now)> Celebrity> Movies but wanted to change to Other Celebrity Photographs as "movies" don't match the photos I listed and no matter how many time I revised them, it still go back to "movies'!  It is on com site."

When you revise your category it takes time for the revisions to change over. When you view your revised item it will still show the previous category because it needs time to update.

Changing categories on your listing takes a longer time to reset. Just go back and check your listing in 10-15 minutes and you will see the updated category.... 

Message 14 of 19
latest reply

CATEGORY

"I would be willing to wager your item has been matched by the Product Catalogue and it is being moved into another category without your consent."

It's a simple case of waiting a few minutes for the revised category to change over.... revising categories is the only area that isn't instantaneous when you view your updated revisions. 

Message 15 of 19
latest reply

CATEGORY

Anonymous
Not applicable

it is already over 48 hours!!  So what is up!!

Message 16 of 19
latest reply

CATEGORY

I think this is a question to put to Raphael tomorrow.
Message 17 of 19
latest reply

CATEGORY

When you click revise on the item does it show the change or is it still showing the old category that you wanted to change?

Try adding a second category with the changes you want and see what happens....

Message 18 of 19
latest reply

CATEGORY

Hi everyone,

Due to the length of time that has passed since this thread began I have locked it from future replies. If this is still an issue that warrants discussion, don't hesitate to begin a new thread!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 19 of 19
latest reply