Letter from eBay re Shippo

I received today an email from eBay stating "Enjoy your discounted shipping rates from Canada Post" as the heading then further down it says "shipping rates from Shippo for Canada Post will expire July 1st". I read the email but just was not quite sure what they meant. Does this mean there will no longer be discounts?  Did anyone else get this & do they know what it means??

Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Letter from eBay re Shippo

@happy_pigeon wrote:

I hear you all that we missed the mark on this one, and everyone involved has had a good discussion about it today so that we can do better next time.

Are you saying there are more bad news to come?

Message 41 of 46
latest reply

After July 1st, I won't have any reason to use Shippo, except if I need to buy insurance for an expensive item. Otherwise, I'll go back to PayPal as we get the same rates - and we can choose our method to pay for the label *at the time of purchase*.

After all the fee increases we've been hit with in the last 2 years, I'm really beginning to feel eBay wants to get rid of Canadian sellers. It is more and more obvious every day. 😞 We're probably the only sellers on the site without access to shipping discounts...

Message 42 of 46
latest reply

Well if they are not trying to get rid of us you would never know it. We are already at a major disadvantage in Canada with shipping costs, most especially domestic shipping. And if that is not bad enough they want you to do free shipping for returns saying that is an industry standard which it is not. Amazon does not really have free shipping on most items either unless you have prime which as a buyer you have to pay an annual fee to have. I have returned items which I purchased on line because of fit etc & I had to pay the return shipping cost. I don't know why they are pushing this on us. I certainly cannot afford to offer free shipping on returns so will lose my top rated seller status from what I understand. Pretty frustrating to be a Canadian eBay seller right now & unfortunately I do not see it getting any better for us little guys.

Message 43 of 46
latest reply

I like Shippo.  I have not any issues with it.  I can't stand CPC online less-streamline navigation.  For some reason, my SBA won't save my CC information. I have done all the correct procedures. So everytime I have manully input the CC for ever shipment. Gets too tedious.  With Shippo, once a payment is made from Paypal, it syncs and I am just a few clicks away from finishing the order.

With paypal, I cannot even get CPC or UPS to work at all.  The authentication fails.  

As for the discount rates, quite the same with CPC for those with SBA from my end. *shrugs.

Shippo has an advantage over using carriers' own online shipping creation since it can integrate your accounts, nearly painlessly - and it less of a pain in **bleep** to create the shipment.   I remember giving up on DHL's since its navigation was too much and used Shippo's instead when I needed to.  Same with UPS, Shippo's nav is easier and faster.

Message 44 of 46
latest reply

I know the fees are still heavy-handed even with a store (my FVF range is 4 to over 9 percent).  Even more so with these policies for sellers - also, too heavy-handed.  I am tired of its draconian ways.  ie: my 2nd suspension because I was being nice to a canadian buyer.  I will probably last another 6 months before I completely fold.

Message 45 of 46
latest reply

scan? does the agent print out what the error is? its usually a "distribution credit error."  Some agents know how to bypass it and most don't.  I suppose once its at a distribution facility, those people would know how to log it in and be ready for transport.

Message 46 of 46
latest reply