Problems with Shippo

I am always getting this message with Shippo: "The sum of your customs items is higher than your total parcel weight. Please increase the weight of the parcel or decrease the customs items' weight."

What does it mean? Weight is the same! And when I decrease the customs items, it is still not working. 😞  I wanted to compare prices with SnapShip, but since Shippo does not work, I went with Canada Post's service.

Also... is this true? "You must include one signed original and two copies of a commercial invoice along with your label, unless shipping with USPS."

I've never done this ever. New rule?

Message 1 of 24
latest reply
23 REPLIES 23

Re: Problems with Shippo

@bagatelle* wrote:
... "The Sum Of Your Customs Items Is Higher Than Your Total Parcel Weight. Please Increase The Weight Of The Parcel Or Decrease The Customs Items' Weight."

Same weight system (metric or American)  used between total and customs area?

If out of time, just do the label via paypal.

Message 21 of 24
latest reply

I know this is a Zombie Thread but really there is Not so much advantage in using Shippo anymore since the discounts are no different than using Canada Post Snap Ship or PayPal. There are alternatives to Shippo to get those shipping labels without the hassle of standing in line at postal outlet.  Having never used Shippo, I still find it easy and convenient to use PayPal shipping.

Message 22 of 24
latest reply

There is a very Significant difference: PayPal Shipping ignores 50 per cent of Canada Post Tracked Packet destinations because no one there bothered to ever update it.
Message 23 of 24
latest reply

See post 17.  When you enter the total parcel weight it stays at the number you enter it but the customs weight may go you to the next ‘tenth’.  For example, if your weight is .076 gr and you enter that in the customs section, it can level out to .08gr so now it is higher per than the parcel weight.  To prevent that,I always put the weight in the custom field a bit smaller so in this case I wiuld use .07gr. 

Message 24 of 24
latest reply