Ebay cpc tracking - enroute postal codes stamped next to delivery records

I was looking through "Shipment details"  tracking delivered records on ebay.ca. It  shows enroute CPC postal codes stamped next to "delivered" on about half of all delivery records. Ebay and/or Canadapost need to fix this, its a loophole for INR claims and promotes  potential conflict between buyers and sellers. 

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

It  shows enroute CPC postal codes stamped next to "delivered" on about half of all delivery records.

Are there several 'delivered' notes, one after another?

If so, while I can see a panicky buyer thinking his purchase is in Mississauga and will never get to him in Iqaluit, a second look would show these are just stops on the way.

We see this often when USPS delivery is noted as being completed in Erlanger KY (where the GSP plant is).  The tracking changes at that point and buyers are often confused by this.

GSP/eBay have done some work to make this clearer, but if the shipment is delivered to KY on Friday afternoon, some buyers are here screaming on Saturday morning.

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

pcode.jpg

Message 3 of 7
latest reply

If you are the Seller:

Is the customer complaining about non-delivery?

If not, worry about something else.

If he is, you are open to a non-delivery dispute but the fact that the item shows delivered (even if to the wrong address) means you will win.

If you are the Buyer:

Did you receive your item?

When your parcel arrived at the terminal, the carrier would be bundling his day's work according to postal code.

Most letter carriers are literate and know their postal walk very well.

When she spots an address that does not match the postal code (and therefore is not on her postal walk) she will send it back to be correctly coded. This may mean a 24 hour delay.

If you were to open a Dispute, even if you had received the shipment, you would not be an honest person. Shame on you.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

There are a number problems with the cpc we all have allowed them to become lazy I am currently waiting for a package and the worst thing about it is I have firsthand knowledge of how the system works and I can’t do anything about it except recommending that people don’t use the cpc they are average for envelopes but **bleep** poor at parcels , use ups, fedex, or purotator any actual parcel company
Message 5 of 7
latest reply

@murreyn_92 wrote:
... recommending that people don’t use the cpc they are average for envelopes but **bleep** poor at parcels , use ups, fedex, or purotator any actual parcel company

Must be your neighbourhood.

I've never had problems with getting Canada Post parcels. Tracking is another matter.

Purolator is 91% owned by Canada Post. And is rated worse than Canada Post for service.

UPS I avoid when importing. FedEx is usually okay, but I still remember the $500 package that the driver signed for me and hid on the neighbour's porch (I was home at the time, it took until next day for HQ to track down the driver to find where the parcel was).

Message 6 of 7
latest reply

ZOMBIE thread from 2018

Message 7 of 7
latest reply