I purchased an item 10 days days ago and the seller won't send me the final invoice. How do I pay?

Hello,

I bought an item 10 days ago and because I'm in Canada and the item is in USA and has local pickup only, ebay software insists the seller send me a final invoice to complete the trans action. I have requested this invoice 3 times now but get excuses or no response.

How am I supposed to resolve this?

I think the seller was hoping for more money and wants to relist at a later date.

Thanks,

David.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

I purchased an item 10 days days ago and the seller won't send me the final invoice. How do I pay?

If the seller listed the item with Local Pickup Only, then you'll have to go and pick it up. Was that your intention? If not, you need to ask for a Cancellation before the matter goes to Unpaid Item Case.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Local pickup only is usually cash only (or equivalent) when you pick it up.

You were planning to pick it up?

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

mcrlmn
Community Member

I'd request a cancellation

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Remember that you will need your passport when you go to the USA to pick up the purchase.

The seller has no obligation to ship it.

The seller can set a shipping cost at whatever he feels is fair for his trouble, since he did not plan on packaging and shipping anything.

Anything he thinks is fair.

Anything.

And eBay will back him up.

Apologize to the seller for delaying a successful sale for his doohickey and ask your boss for some time off for the road trip.

Or accept the Unpaid Item Strike.

Two of those and you will find yourself unable to bid on many, if not most, items sold on eBay.

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Since the item was a 2000 lb robot arm, the plan was to send a freight company to pick it up, which I did.

BTW the seller did finally send the invoice.

Thanks to all that responded.

Message 6 of 6
latest reply