Sellers need to make it more obvious they don't ship to PO boxes.

This is something which is really getting on my nerves, several times now I purchase an item, then at the checkout I get the message "this seller does not ship to P.O. boxes, blah blah blah", contact then etc. So I do, asking if there can be an exception made and if they can not to cancel the order. What do they do? they say "Sorry we can't make an exception" and the order stays open, and they file an unpaid item case.

I think I have two or three unpaid items recorded on my account because of this, and I have been unable to purchase a couple things because of this.

It needs to be made plainly obvious if a seller does not ship to a PO box. This gets real annoying. It should be listed right under the payment section along with the shipping estimate.

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

dont you have an address?add it as well as post office box on paypal,thats what i do.,now they have an address like they wanted and the package still goes to po box.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

No, I rent in a duplex, and am not home during the hours a package would arrive, not to mention I am in the basement and you can't really specify sending it to the back door. A PO box is my only option.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

It's a stupid restriction because, as you know, PO boxes are some of the safest addresses available. If it can't be fitted into a locked box, then the owner has to claim the parcel from a clerk, often with picture ID.

The real reason (US) sellers do this is that a lot of them use UPS or other couriers. The service is fast, reliable, insured, and tracked for about the same cost as USPS. Also the couriers will pickup from homes.

But couriers can\t deliver to PO boxes..... so......

However, many other sellers don't actually know why they have restricted shipping to PO Boxes. They are just following blindly. Just as many sellers add stupid terms like "no refunds" to their listings.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

You could ask for items to be sent needing a signature, if you're not home it would be sent to the post office for you to pick up.  And if you live in a duplex you should have a mailbox hich you can specify as Apt # __

Message 5 of 5
latest reply