March 14th 2018 Weekly Session

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Hi everyone -

Opening the chat up for tomorrow. See you then!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 1 of 15
latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

If Canadian listings have to be in Can $, why are the sales reports and information in US $.

Should Ebay not do what they forced us to do?

Message 2 of 15
latest reply

Can we have our wish lists back now please?  I inadvertently found myself browsing ebay.co.uk today and they are still able to add items to their wishlist from the product page.  I don't know what the plans are for "collections", or how many people use them, but they're not useful to me.  I don't want a quasi-social-media experience.  I just want to be able to easily compile orderly, private lists of things that I have a use for.

Message 3 of 15
latest reply

Why am I unable to change billing currency, in spite of following all the steps.  I have tried many times, and always get message in red.  Sorry unable to change currency at this time.  I sell in Canadian, so want to be billed in Canadian.  Thank you.

Message 4 of 15
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

If Canadian listings have to be in Can $, why are the sales reports and information in US $.

I concur with dutchman48 in this respect. https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Sore-point-I-m-all-about-CAD-on-ebay-Canada-yet-ebay-stu...

I want all my Sales data reflected in CAD. Those Sales Reports are flawed without it, I don't give a hoot about the value in USD, the items were listed and sold in CAD on ebay.ca. 

Message 5 of 15
latest reply

Another item that needs to be addressed  is when calling eBay CS the feeling quite a number of us have noticed every attempt to get caller off the phone as quickly as possible, feeling like our issue is not taken seriously and/or we are being put on hold numerous times "So they can consult with someone else".  Possibly another attempt to get us to hang up. Any issues we are calling about are important to us and we need solutions/clarification or we wouldn't be calling. "We're working on it or we'll get back to you in 24 to 48 hours" and then not getting a call back is not helping.

-CM

Message 6 of 15
latest reply

@dutchman48 wrote:

Hi @dutchman48 - @happy_pigeon did a great job of addressing this in the thread that @momcqueen links to a few posts down.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 7 of 15
latest reply

@jakcliffor8 wrote:

Can we have our wish lists back now please?  I inadvertently found myself browsing ebay.co.uk today and they are still able to add items to their wishlist from the product page.  I don't know what the plans are for "collections", or how many people use them, but they're not useful to me.  I don't want a quasi-social-media experience.  I just want to be able to easily compile orderly, private lists of things that I have a use for.

Hi @jakcliffor8 - the Collections feature as a whole is something that's being worked on. I don't know what the future holds for it, but I do know that it shouldn't be impacting your ability to add things to a wish list. When I pull up my account I'm able to add items to the list of my choice (Watch list or wish list). If you're having a different experience feel free to shoot me a private message with a screenshot or more detail!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 8 of 15
latest reply

@pinetreecottage wrote:

Why am I unable to change billing currency, in spite of following all the steps.  I have tried many times, and always get message in red.  Sorry unable to change currency at this time.  I sell in Canadian, so want to be billed in Canadian.  Thank you.

Changing your billing currency shouldn't be that hard! If you meet the requirements and are still having trouble we'd want you to contact Customer Service for more help troubleshooting. 

You can also send me a private message and I'll see what I can find out from my end as well. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 9 of 15
latest reply

Ann...it seems to be an issue with Waterfox.  It stopped working a while ago around the time collections showed up, but I just checked and the wish lists appear to work fine under Chrome.  Thanks!

the Collections feature as a whole is something that's being worked on. I don't know what the future holds for it, but I do know that it shouldn't be impacting your ability to add things to a wish list. When I pull up my account I'm able to add items to the list of my choice (Watch list or wish list). If you're having a different experience feel free to shoot me a private message with a screenshot or more detail!

Message 10 of 15
latest reply

@lotzofuniquegoodies wrote:

Another item that needs to be addressed  is when calling eBay CS the feeling quite a number of us have noticed every attempt to get caller off the phone as quickly as possible, feeling like our issue is not taken seriously and/or we are being put on hold numerous times "So they can consult with someone else".  Possibly another attempt to get us to hang up. Any issues we are calling about are important to us and we need solutions/clarification or we wouldn't be calling. "We're working on it or we'll get back to you in 24 to 48 hours" and then not getting a call back is not helping.

-CM

Hi @lotzofuniquegoodies - you should always be treated with respect, and your concerns should always be heard. The unique questions or situations you contact CS about may not be the expertise of the direct teammate you speak with, which is why they may ask you to hold while they review and investigate.

I'd rather you get an answer that is direct, and as you know, eBay is a broad and complex creature. That means that sometimes the answer is that we need to look into it further and get back to you. From CS to weekly chats. 😉

With that being said, you should be followed up with when we say we will do so. I'm happy to review your contacts with CS and provide proper coaching if you'll private message me more about when you called and had this experience. Thanks!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 11 of 15
latest reply

@jakcliffor8 wrote:

Ann...it seems to be an issue with Waterfox.  It stopped working a while ago around the time collections showed up, but I just checked and the wish lists appear to work fine under Chrome.  Thanks!

the Collections feature as a whole is something that's being worked on. I don't know what the future holds for it, but I do know that it shouldn't be impacting your ability to add things to a wish list. When I pull up my account I'm able to add items to the list of my choice (Watch list or wish list). If you're having a different experience feel free to shoot me a private message with a screenshot or more detail!

Glad it's working now! Thanks for reminding me about wish lists - I've just been adding things to my watch list and it's long enough that it could use a good sorting. 🙂

Tyler,
eBay
Message 12 of 15
latest reply

Hi Tyler, 

Could you look into, and give us a status report on the issue of disappearing "watchers" displays? 

I brought it up on the thread noted below, but I believe others have been complaining for a while now that this is a problem.  Please advise whether this is a glitch/bug, or a permanent change planned by eBay, and if a technical issue, when we can expect it to be resolved.  There is little enough left these days to make a seller stand out from the crowd -- this was one important feature in that regard. 

BTW, not that it will do any good to say so, but I'm also dismayed that "Guides" will soon disappear.  

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Where-have-the-quot-Watchers-quot-displays-gone/m-p/3968...

Message 13 of 15
latest reply

@rose-dee wrote:

Hi Tyler, 

Could you look into, and give us a status report on the issue of disappearing "watchers" displays? 

I brought it up on the thread noted below, but I believe others have been complaining for a while now that this is a problem.  Please advise whether this is a glitch/bug, or a permanent change planned by eBay, and if a technical issue, when we can expect it to be resolved.  There is little enough left these days to make a seller stand out from the crowd -- this was one important feature in that regard. 

BTW, not that it will do any good to say so, but I'm also dismayed that "Guides" will soon disappear.  

https://community.ebay.ca/t5/Seller-Central/Where-have-the-quot-Watchers-quot-displays-gone/m-p/3968...

Hi @rose-dee! Good question.

This is an intentional change from mid-January. I talked about it briefly here. Watcher totals should still be displaying in search results if items are popular in search.

Tyler,
eBay
Message 14 of 15
latest reply

tyler@ebay
Community Member

Thanks for joining us today - I'll be on the boards again on Friday and responding to messages then too. See you around!

Tyler,
eBay
Message 15 of 15
latest reply