1 Cent Listing Week Mar. 25 - 31--Must qualify!!

From March 25 through March 31, sellers who list Auction-style item(s) with a starting price between $0.01 and $0.99, have Shipping charges specified and have either a Detailed Seller Ratings (DSR) rating of 4.5 or higher or no DSR rating, will pay a 1¢ Insertion Fee per item listed. Please refer to "What's Excluded?" for more details.

I just received this message. It's great for those who have low starting prices. Doesn't do a thing for me and I qualify in all areas.

And what is with the "auction format" only? According to an article from the Globe and Mail on the weekend, eBay is moving towards Fixed Price (as many of you have mentioned before). Also John Donahoe had said something to the effect that he didn't want eBay to be a "flea market" type auction site. I don't agree with him there...many things being auctioned at low starting prices are collectibles or good inexpensive merchandise.

If I start my listings at 99 cents, most of them will sell for 99 cents and it will devalue my product.

Just my thoughts and it refers to what I sell. I am sure it will benefit many of you and I hope you do well this week!

Judy
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

itrecovery
Community Member
I'm always puzzled why e-bay likes to promote 99c listing, which basically suits junk or highly disired items only.

E-bay signatures dumb marketing and channel strategy for years... and they never learn.
Message 2 of 10
latest reply

momoftwingles2
Community Member
Hi Judy,

I can't seem to find any messages in My Messages regarding the upcoming 1 cent sale. Did you receive an e-mail about this or read it somewhere on eBay.ca? Hoping to be able to look at the details if you are able to send me in the right direction!

Thanks in advance!
Susan
momoftwingles2
Message 3 of 10
latest reply

So few weeks ago eBay did not wish <$1 items by enforcing a store minimum price policy.

For highly desired items that will shoot up high regardless is irrelevant if they list for $0.99 with promotion or without promotion.

By elimination only logical explanation seems that such promo targets sellers of quantity sub-$1 items that were FORCED to quantify their offers to $1-$2 lots.

If such promo is real deal, it will be a feedback boosting time. Once again it will take just $10 and TurboLister to grow an eBay seller ID with 1000 feedback!
Message 4 of 10
latest reply

Hi Susan,
I always log into eBay from the home page first. That is where I saw the promotion long before I received an email in My Messages. I just received the email tonight but it was on the home page this afternoon. I usually do see it there first whenever there is a promotion.

And you are right dipmicro. It just seems like eBay doesn't know what they want...bidding started at low prices or fixed price items with free shipping! This sale does nothing for me. On the other hand, the biggest eBay jewelry sellers don't qualify for the discount because they don't show shipping and have too low DSR's........heh, heh, heh.....]:)
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

From March 25 through March 31, sellers who list Auction-style item(s) with a starting price between $0.01 and $0.99, have Shipping charges specified and have either a Detailed Seller Ratings (DSR) rating of 4.5 or higher or no DSR rating, will pay a 1¢ Insertion Fee per item listed. Please refer to "What's Excluded?" for more details.

I pasted this on the last message but for some reason it didn't show up!?
Message 6 of 10
latest reply

momosworld
Community Member
It boggles my mind how stupid these eBay execs really are, I can have a user ID that i started last month that has a feedback of 100 and get this discount, but i cannot use my top user ID in which we have built over 60k in positive feedback because our DSR rating is too low.

My mommy says i'm cool

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

Perhaps there might be some advantage for me in this promo afterall.

I would like to try a strategy with 7-day auctions spanned across several categories and have 1-4 auctions evenly spaced on every page in that category. So if category has 1000 listings, I need to list in it 10-40 auctions. With Auctiva free scheduling and this eBay promo, this should be inexpensively doable. In my niche I counted I need 430 auctions for this every week, which would be $75/week in listing fees.

That may sound like not a lot but consider that my entire February invoice was $120, now my March invoice is $300 so I must be doing something well. I would like to see over $1,000 on invoices from eBay and most of it from FVF, not LF 😛
Message 8 of 10
latest reply

not much of a discount...
Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Thanks a lot eBay!!!!

My competitor has listed exactly the same products as I sell as 5 day listings at 99 cents. I had to shorten a bunch of listings that I had ending on the 30th to 5 days because hers coincided with mine. I can't sell them that way and...........I will be dam..d if I will sell them for 99 cents. I might as well give them away.............X-(

Not only that, but she grossly overcharges for shipping.....isn't that what they wanted to stop? Even though she sells identical items, her items show up with mine in Best Match, probably because she is still at 100%FB (with one neutral) and I am only at 99.9%. Best Match may put me ahead of competitors selling same category items, but it puts hers right there with mine even when I schedule them to end at different times then hers.
Message 10 of 10
latest reply