FEEDBACK FORUM STILL SAYS NEUTRAL HAS NO IMPACT

A lot of us have been down-graded because of Neutral feedback we have received and yet, when I look at the Feedback forum it still states the following:

Feedback scores and stars
Feedback ratings are used to determine each member's Feedback Score.

A positive rating adds one point to the Feedback Score.

A neutral rating has no impact on the Feedback Score.

A negative rating subtracts one point from the Feedback Score.

The higher the Feedback Score, the more positive ratings a member has received. Learn more about how scores are calculated.

Is eBay not following their own rules or are they lying to the public? Which is it?
Message 1 of 23
latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

lina-mallows
Community Member
vesivus- I agree communication with any clarity on eBay's part was sorely lacking.

I am uncertain that the sudden drop to 96.4% is the real concern to worry about.
By looking at your DSR performance- which is (and remains so far) unaffected by any NEUTRAL feedback issues- your 4.9/4.7/4.3/4.4 means a quick exit from being a POWER SELLER.
(In distilling the 'complaints' from your feedback- most relate to shipping/delivery times. And- this appears to also translate into low DSR when some buyers are leaving glowing positive feedback- and a backhanded slap of a low DSR.)

With OVER 40,000 transactions under your belt- it's sad to see the way eBay is treating you. REGARDLESS of the numbers eBay now deems important- WHAT SHOULD MATTER IS THAT YOU HAVE OVER 40,000 SUCCESSFUL transactions, and now sadly that apparently accounts for nothing !!!
Message 21 of 23
latest reply

Ha ha ha. Yes, I agree. As most of you, I've always struggled in my particular product-space to compete against American sellers. There are many of them, and 98% are from the USA.

I believe if I was in the USA, I'd have a near-perfect record on eBay, but I'm fighting the good fight from Canada. It's does present a particular challenge when eBay continually makes it harder and harder to succeed, so I've all but given up on my eBay business. *shrug*

It's mainly for 'clearing out' my old inventory now.

John
Message 22 of 23
latest reply

getgiz
Community Member
The last Neutral I received was from a customer who, at the same time also left a Positive. She has left me Positive a few times before as well. BUT, the only one that sticks out like a sore thumb is her weak NEUTRAL! It's the only one eBay wants to make known in a big way. It is the one that lowered my Feedback percent.

HOW IS THAT FAIR?
Message 23 of 23
latest reply