How are you getting phone numbers for the customs forms now?

Traditionally I looked under the "view order details" to see the customers phone number.

I am a "stick stamps on the box" kinda guy.

I presumed for the last few that they hadn't provided the phone number but now I see that nobody has phone numbers under view order details anymore. 

I also noticed that the phone number does show up if I send an invoice, but this is no good to me if they have already paid.

How does one find out the phone number anymore?

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

I see in another thread that selling manager seems to be the way others are doing it. I do not at the moment use selling manager, is there an alternative?
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Selling Manager is free.  There is no point to go without it:

http://pages.ebay.ca/help/sell/sellingmanager.html

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

Arghhh another thing to learn..... I have an anchor store which means I get selling manager pro free so, I presume that since I'm going to learn something new I might as well "go for pro"??
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Why do you need the telephone numbers?

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
- answering Trolls is voluntary, my policy is not to participate.
Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I use the regular selling manage but would use pro if it was free. I'm curious how many sellers do add phone numbers for international packages. I've never done that and to be honest, I haven't even noticed a space to put that info.

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

Hi Recp! The phone number is a required field on the Canada Post customs form you fill out before you go to the PO for the US expedited, tracked, WW expresspost, tracked packages. My postmaster told me if I didn't have the destination phone number I was supposed to put mine in (that's what it says in the manual she showed me). I think though someone told me they won't guarantee delivery if you don't have the phone number in there, but I could be wrong about that.....
Message 7 of 13
latest reply

The paypal labels don't require a phone number and the packages do get delivered so I'm surprised that it would be a requirement on those forms.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:
Hi Recp! The phone number is a required field on the Canada Post customs form you fill out before you go to the PO for the US expedited, tracked, WW expresspost, tracked packages. My postmaster told me if I didn't have the destination phone number I was supposed to put mine in (that's what it says in the manual she showed me). I think though someone told me they won't guarantee delivery if you don't have the phone number in there, but I could be wrong about that.....

Yeah just use your own, nobody at US customs is ever going to actually call the recipient of a package sent through the mail and if they calling YOU would probably be a lot better than having US customs call some eBay buyer who wouldn't have a clue and would probably freak out if they thought Customs & BORDER PROTECTION was looking for them!

"What else could I do? I had no trade so I became a peddler" - Lazarus Greenberg 1915
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

PJ that is an interesting comment, my postmaster just today commented that the packages brought in by other ebayers in this wee town I live in do not have signatures.....
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

If you click the "advanced" button beside the ebay searched button it will bring up a new page. On the left hand side under members, there is an option "find contact information". If you enter the eBay members name and item number, ebay will send you an email with all the contact info including the ph no.
Message 11 of 13
latest reply

Hi snid! THX for the suggestion! Yes I was aware of that, but as far as I know, doing it that way also sends the same information to the buyer, which may cause confusion and/or problems with them....
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@ricarmic wrote:
Hi snid! THX for the suggestion! Yes I was aware of that, but as far as I know, doing it that way also sends the same information to the buyer, which may cause confusion and/or problems with them....

That's correct, I would not advise using this method, some buyers may freak out a bit when they see somebody requesting their contact info.

Message 13 of 13
latest reply