How to stop notifications from Canada Post????

Anonymous
Not applicable

How do we stop those?? 

I got them: "You are receiving this email at the request of "seller Id username" to provide you with updates on the progress of this shipment".   That is hogwash as I never made those kind of requests at any time.

I even checked my PayPal account to see if I can remove or cancel but there is nothing there so how the heck in the first place we are receiving??

I am a Canadian seller and this id username is only for me to purhcase and ship to my US address which one of my friends come to my place every few weeks.

Anyway, how to stop them or remove them?  Yesterday I send out 20 packages and I get 20 notifications and will be getting more like 2 or 3 more for each item, total of 60 or 80 times!!  It is totally insane.

I don't appreciate that anyone whoever at Canada Post or PayPal or eBay decided "for" us without our knowlege or permission!!  Ask us FIRST!!

So how do stop them or remove them???   Anyone knew??  Thanks.

Message 1 of 6
latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Re: How to stop notifications from Canada Post????

You can't stop them.  Paypal has opted all sellers who use Paypal shipping in for these useless e-mails.  Sellers don't need to know that the item was shipped. LOL.  And for buyers, they already receive to many duplicate messages about each shipping saying the same thing.  Worse yet, the text of the e-mail message makes it sound as if you (the seller) told Canada Post to send those messages to the buyer.  And if the buyer gets annoyed with them, they will blame you (the seller).

Last month, there were 2 threads about this exact topic.  Someone even asked eBay about this in the weekly discussions and eBay just passed the blame on to someone else and ignored the concern, blaming Canada Post for sending the e-mail.  eBay is wrong; Canada Post only sends that e-mail message out for any of the electronically printed labels if it is requested at the time of label creation.  Paypal is opting us in.

Message 2 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

PayPal needs to include the feature for us to opt in or opt out, not to decide "for" us, period!

We don't need additional stress from our buyers who get fed up with this insane unnecessary email.  Thanks.

Message 3 of 6
latest reply

Let's see here:

- Enjoy your item/you've won e-mail message from eBay (useless on immediate payment items because you must pay with Paypal and will automatically receive a Paypal receipt anyway

-Paypal payment receipt e-mail

-confirmation of order from eBay (useless in just about every case I can think of)

-item shipment notification from eBay  (can be helpful if seller is the type who doesn't communicate but useless in cases of Paypal shipping use)

-Paypal shipping e-mail with some actual useful information for the buyer (this is the only one about shipping that should be sent, but there should still be an option for it not be sent to buyer)

-Canada Post label creation e-mail (why does the seller need this message)

-Canada Post e-mail that the item has been shipped (again, why does the seller need to know that the item was shipped)

-Canada Post e-mail that an item is waiting for pickup at a post office (buyer doesn't really need this message because buyer has already received up to 5 e-mail message with the tracking number in it; they can check the status for themselves, and if they don't let the seller contact the buyer.  Even then, buyer would receive a notice slip in the mail box anyway and also receive a reminder postcard a few days later in the mail to pick it up).

-Canada Post e-mail saying that the item was delivered (gee, the buyer really needs to know that after they already have the package.  Worse yet, why tell the seller it was delivered.  We have phone/tablet based applications that do that for us.

All those above e-mail messages are automated, mostly being of the useless and annoying variety.  Meanwhile, the seller hasn't even had the chance to properly communicate anything with the buyer.  But guess what?  We can't properly communicate with our buyers because eBay has already spammed them with all those messages.   All of those automated e-mail messages would be bad enough for a buyer who buys a 1 or 2 items. But think of someone who has just purchased 10 things.  Does that buyer really need 50 almost completely pointless e-mail messages from eBay, Paypal, and Canada Post?  Also think of it from the seller's point of few:  do we need all those useless Canada Post e-mail messages as well?  I can only imagine how a seller would feel if they just sold 20 items and uses Paypal shipping for each one. 

Even with the Canada Post shipping notifications, I consider it completely junk mail.  Canada Post has turned it into one big advertisement with banner ads.  Any useful information contained within it is so buried and surrounded by so much legal speak, that it takes more time that it's worth for any buyer or seller to read them.

Message 4 of 6
latest reply

Could these e-mails fall foul of Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation - July 1, 2014.

http://www.crtc.gc.ca/eng/casl-lcap.htm

I was going to set up a 'rule' in my e-mail client to forward these useless e-mails directly to Paypal....lol

Message 5 of 6
latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope so!!  I expect Canada Post have to send that to all of us asking you yes or no and that is when I will say NO!  For sure!!  Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
latest reply