I bid on an item the picture and the description are 2 different things how do I retra

Hello I bid on item number

As I looked at the sellers picture and that was what I was looking for, After I placed the bid I noticed in his description that what he is selling is not the part in his listing picture ( The part in the pic. is a grill that takes a Badge in the centre or emblem and his listing info. say's the grill is badgeless not what I want so I would like to retract my bid but can't figure out how to do that I do not want a badgeless grill and will not buy it don't want to put a mark in my perfect feedback score either what do I do here can ebay retract my bid please ?? If so please get it done as there is no way of me contacting this seller Thank you Steve Capell .

Message 1 of 5
latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Re: I bid on an item the picture and the description are 2 different things how do I r

Go to help and contact, type in retract bid and click on it. It will show you the picture of what you have bid on. Click on the picture and select the reason for retracting bid and hit submit.

Message 2 of 5
latest reply

Re: I bid on an item the picture and the description are 2 different things how do I r

I think you can only do it if the bid is recent though...it gave me an hour.

Message 3 of 5
latest reply

Here is the direct UrL for Bid Retractions.

http://offer.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?RetractBidShow

You don't need Help and Contact, they are for items you have already bought.

There are a limited number of reasons for Bid Retractions. Be imaginative.

The Bid Retraction will show on your feedback page, so you may prefer to Contact the Seller. There is a link somewhere on the listing, but it is hard to find. If the Seller will cancel your bid, nothing will show on your Feedback Page, but he may decide to Block you permanently as a timewaster.

While the seller's pictures and descriptions should match, it is important to READ the description, particularly the part where the seller himself has remarked about the item. This is especially important when the seller is selling a mass market item with stock photos.

Message 4 of 5
latest reply

If you placed a bid on an auction you can retract it as long as the auction is ending in more than 12 hours. That item is ending in 10 hours so you will have to contact the seller and ask them to cancel your bid.

Message 5 of 5
latest reply