I bought two items from ebay and then received an email from ebay saying that the items were removed

bazzdude
Community Member

I bought two items from ebay and paid using paypal. Then I received an email from  ebay saying that the items were removed and that there was a security breach for that seller ,and the seller was removed from ebay

I cannot cancel the purchase and the item does not show up in the resolution center. what should I do ?

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

I bought two items from ebay and then received an email from ebay saying that the items were removed

@bazzdude wrote:

I bought two items from ebay and paid using paypal. Then I received an email from  ebay saying that the items were removed and that there was a security breach for that seller ,and the seller was removed from ebay

I cannot cancel the purchase and the item does not show up in the resolution center. what should I do ?

Go to paypal and look at your transaction there.

You should be able to open a case through paypal to get the money refunded for that purchase (and do mention the items/seller were removed on ebay to help speed things up).

-..-

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

The Paypal Resolution Centre is at the top of the page under Tools.

Don't bother with the suggestion that you Contact the Seller. It's not a command.

Ask PP to step in and escalate to a Claim.

And let them know the reason eBay ended the transaction. Dennis is right. It will speed things up.

Just a note.

Read the feedback.

If the seller has never sold, that is not necessarily a problem. But if his feedback stopped more than six months ago, there is a good chance the account has been hijacked.

Also read the neg and neutral FB.

A seller with 100 FB and two negs is not a good seller.

A seller with 100 000 FB and 20 negs is fine.

Ratios.

(But read FB for a pattern of problems.)

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

EBay is really bad about this.

There should be a direction for the paid buyer to go to his PP account or credit card to get his money refunded.

EBay probably gets a lot of bad mouthing by skipping that simple direction.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply